Sign in to follow this  

Riding the Green Dots - Saturday 2/5/05

:cry: Weather permiting, we plan on riding the Greed Dot road system this coming Saturday. 2/5/05. If your interested let me know. The weather is awsome, two days of sun shine, I don't know how long I can handle this. :cry:

(so far the weather forecast is looking good)

Where are you parking Nick?

I agree that the weather is lookn good for this weekend.

The lower parking area. I was thinking riding down to the river and then up to the tree line and into the game reserve if the upper level snows don't become too deep.:cry:

This may be a training ride for several riders. I believe I have 5 of us that will be meeting for this ride. Trouble is a couple will be borrowing bikes and are new riders :cry: . This might slow things down. We are still discussing things. I will let you know more in a day or two. :cry:

TONY

Tony, are you talking about the fellow who just bought the three new bikes? Anyway I don't see a problem except that maybe we ought to start up high where everything is flat and there are not so many rocks. We are more likely to hit snow pockets up in the flats and forest.:cry:

No Nick, this will be Jim S and his nephew, and one of thier friends, myself and Alex if he feels better by then.

You might be right about starting out soft. I am inviting the other people you mentioned but dont think they will ride this weekend.

Anyway, If you are not up to dragging along a whining, slow, apt to crash rider (me), I understand. :cry:

Is a vehicle permit needed for the lower parking lot?

Hi -

I'm new here and haven't met any of you yet but I'm interested in this ride or Mattawa in a few weeks.

Say, 12th or 13th?

Where is the lower lot?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Matt

Hi -

I'm new here and haven't met any of you yet but I'm interested in this ride or Mattawa in a few weeks.

Say, 12th or 13th?

Where is the lower lot?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Matt

Tony, it sounds like the lower lot will be just fine since we are not talking complete novices here.

Matt, Where are you coming from? We can always meet at the Vantage service station and go from there.

Dingo, these are probably all going to be two track roads. But somewhat rough ones at that. Should be a fun ride, especially if the weather cooperates.

Tony, it sounds like the lower lot will be just fine since we are not talking complete novices here.

Matt, Where are you coming from? We can always meet at the Vantage service station and go from there.

Hi -

I would be coming from Seattle. I can't make it this week so will you take lots and lots of pics??

I'd like to plan to hook up with you guys around the end of the month. I see you ride Mattawa and the green dots in Vantage a lot. I'm down for either of those. What about the green dots in Lt Murrery (SW of Cle Elum)? I emailed the dude from TheTestTrack and it sounds like they have no snow.

Thanks,

Matt

Nick, I would like to join you. I will be comming from the west. How do I get there and what time?

Hi Russ, glad to have ya. Stay on I90 until you come to the Vantage Bridge over the Columbia River. Take the Vantage exit which will be to your right. Turn left at the end of the exit and cross over I90 into Vantage. I will be waiting for ya at the service station on the right. 9:30 - 10:00. Vantage is about 15 or 20 minutes past Ellensburg, don't blink or you will miss it. :cry:

Here is a picture of the bridge from the side of the river you don't want to be on. If you look closely to the right of the bridge in the fog you can see some of the building of the little town of Vantage.

Vantage_Bridge.jpg

I rode the area just north of I-90 on the west side of the Columbia yesterday (saterday). First time riding that area and was happy to find a fun area for this time of year. We ran into a group of other riders that seemed pretty familiar with the area and one of them with an XR650R (electric start) said he posted rides on TT, I have some questions if you're out there.

Thanks

Sparky

Thats me, your the guy on the XR650 who stopped with your group and talked with us at the rock house, Right? Whats ya got questions about? The electric starter on my XR650R? Or maybe on the Green Dot riding area? :cry:

Thats me, your the guy on the XR650 who stopped with your group and talked with us at the rock house, Right? Whats ya got questions about? The electric starter on my XR650R? Or maybe on the Green Dot riding area? :cry:

PICS???????????????? I want to see what this area is all about!

PICS???????????????? I want to see what this area is all about!

I posted them in a new thread just a few minutes ago.

That was us, we would have stayed and BS'd a little longer but knew we would run short on time to cover the area we wanted to see. Just curious about your route down to the river. We found a way down into an area that looked promising but came to an open gate at "Walkie Talkie Ranch" with no trespassing signs. It looked like there had been bike tracks through the gate but we didn't want to take a chance and piss off a property owner. We did see a nice heard of doll sheep though, as well as some mule deer and generally had a great ride. I'll surely be back over again soon and would like to get to know the area better.

Thanks

Spark