Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - ENTER NOW! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

i just got a 2005 kx 250f is there anything i should know about it

i just got a 2005 kx 250f is there anything i should know about it? i heard that there were some vavle issues and something about taking the bladder out of the fork seals could someone tell me anything

thanx

Check the valves after the first couple rides, mine went a little tight after the first 3 rides. Very easy to check and shim if needed. I just messed with the clickers a little for the suspension and it works great for me. Just go out and have fun, wish I could but the snow has taken over.

change the oil and filter very often, check the oil level before every ride. ride-smile-ride-smile...............

if you are not familiar with 4 strokes then ride it for an hour or 2 and take it to a dealership to have the valves checked. You should check the valve clearances about every 10-15 hours. That is VERY VERY important. Also changing the filter and oil regularly. i bought a stainless filter so i change mine every ride. Oil is what keeps the 4 strokes running good so if you have nasty oil, expect to blow something up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Toms.abpg
      Just bought this bike and the pop on decel is horrible, looks like I’m gunna have to try a Tokyo mods remap. Anyone had success with this ?
    • By _Cloudy_
      Hi, I have just bought a kx250f, 2013 with a freshly rebuilt 2016 motor in it, this is my first time on these forums, anyways, I have also bought a lowering link to drop it 4 inches on the arse, I was wondering if anyone knows how much I should drop the forks? 
      I havent put the lowering link on yet. 
      Thanks.  
    • By Zach Miner
      Recently had issues with the original fcr carburator that was installed in my 2009 kx250f, tried jetting multiple time and different gas and the bike would only run with the choke ziptied out. Do I went ahead and purchased the lectron gen 2 4 stroke carburator kit, was kinda expensive and I was kind sceptical but after my first ride all I got to say is wow. The only adjustment I have done it set the idle, the bike runs amazing and feels as if there is more power than before. The kit came with a new throttle tube assembly and a g2 throttle tube with adjustable cams for throttle response. I highly recommend if you have a carburator on your four stroke and don't want to get a new dirtbike that is fuel injection then go the route of throwing out that junk fcr carburator and get a lectron gen 2 carburator for your old 4 stroke

• By DirtbikeDon
      I own a 2012 Kx250F that I would like to make street legal if possible and I recently saw Rocky mountain I believe sells these battery packs that sit in the airbox for bikes without batteries that looks too good to be true and a headlight and turn signals like a conversion kit basically and I was curious as if anyone has had luck with those or if there junk it would be nice to make my bike street legal for short trips or just have lights for trail riding with friends that already do if possible any tips on converting it? 
    • By kylesmith_14
      The launch control only lights up when you first start up the bike when you try to use the launch control it doesnt light up at all ive tried 1st 2nd and neutral for 3+ seconds ive cleaned the connections and also cleaned the neutral saftey switch or gear selector and still no luck any help would be appreciated