Sign in to follow this  

RG3 20mm triple clamp on 2005

I just got my 2005, before i have a 2003 ang RG3 20mm triple clamp. I just want to know if i can put my RG3 on the bike? The handling gonna be good or bad? I read no more 20 mm triple clamp needed for the 2005 , did someone try this setup before? Or maybe can i use the top RG3 clamp only whit my pro taper bar and keep the stock bottom clamp, is it possible:confused:

I know it's a lot of question, but i pay a lot of $$$$$$$$ for that clamp and i like to use them on my new bike whitout sacrifice the handling.

I can't say about theRG 3 but the 20mm Emig clamps off my 02 fit fine,my 05 turns on a dime and so far no head shake though I have been expecting some.

I called RG3 about ordering clamps for the 05 and I was just going to go stock and they recommend 20mm even for the 05. I'll let you know in a month or so.

Brent:D

Also, they are discontinuing the gold anodized:cry: That's too bad, I loved that look. I guess the red will suffice.:cry: Brent

You can use your older clamps but you need to file 1mm off of face of the stop on the clamps. Don't go too far or you will have problems.

Also, they are discontinuing the gold anodized:cry:

Yeah... I wanted those for my 250 and they said no can do... kind of a trademark color if you ask me; machine finish will work fine.

I have the 05 with the RG3's 20* offset. It works wonders. I have had some headshake on long fire roads with soft conditions. Makes me a little concerned for my Baja trips. It works great on tracks though.:cry:

If you look on the rg3 website and at part numbers for 02 and 05 450's they are the same.

I have a set from my 02 and I am going to use them on my 05 when I get it in two weeks.

I write to RG3 to ask them, and this is the answer:cry:

Hi Simon,Yes, the steering stop IS different on the '05. We have redesigned our clamp to fit both '05 and earlier models of CRF450s, sothe new part number is the same for all models, but the '04 and earlier modelsdo not fit. Sorry about that.The 20mm offset, though, is still the preferable on the '05, despite the axlechange.I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.SueRG3

I have a 2005 CRF450 with the 20mm RG3 triple clamps. Turns on a dime on the track and no headshake so far after 300+ desert miles. RG3 did my suspension revalve and springs = very plush!