Sign in to follow this  

What works best for your carb?

I'm about sealevel. My carb is jetted 160/60 with the pilot level seeming to be pretty perfect at 2full turns out. I might try turning it in a tad to about 1 and 3/4s a turn.

Full gordons, airbox top cutout, baffle made removable(center baffle part). Still get a tiny bit of pop when decelling but it's not lean pop I believe.

I run my 99 XR4 at 60/160 at 2 turns out and found it to be a little fat. Im thinking about dropping to a 58 pilot to see if that cleans things up. Your pop might be an exhaust leak at one of the joints in the system. As I'm in the middle of a 426 install I might leave the jetting alone till after break in then see how things look. I'm at about 600ft. so I think your setup might also be a little fat, but close. Steve:busted:

It doesn't cost anything other than a bit of time to play with the needle clip setting either. I've 162/62 and found that the needle one clip leaner seems to give more crisp response at the low end off idle. I'm sure I've posted this before with all the details. Oh, and that 1997 will have the different carb slide as well.

I have the A16A needle ;-). When I rejetted my bike from 162/62 to 160/60 I also updated to the better needle. Problem is that my dad thought it'd be a good idea to use locktight on the brass screws.. yeah I'm not even going to deal with it until I have to.