More Grey Wire Info

Do you think they figured this out on their own. Or have they been visiting ThumperTalk?

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

i know i've got a WR400 & the grey wire mod is mainly for the 250, but am i the only one who HASN'T seen any difference by performing the mod? my bike ran well before with absolutly no mid-range burp because, i always thought, it is jetted really well. but i did it anyway (because it was there) & there's been no noticeable change for me. am i alone here? bobwombat

Read the 00 WR400 review. What a crack up there are no real opinions in this whole write up. What a joke, all stuff we already knew. Must not want to piss off Yahmaha.

Not that I have any thing negitive to say. I'ts the same with all mags. Don't piss on the hand that feeds ya!!!!!

I did the mod last week and rode this past weekend, I felt a much stronger hit in the mid range and seems to pull harder all the way through.

Bill Maybe Trail Rider will give you and Bryan a free subscription for all the good info.

Being from the West Coast I really enjoy that East Coast Mag Best articles on the GNCC Series and Lafferty's riding tips are great.

This past weekend was my first ride with the gray wire cut. Those who know how I ride will tell you my Beast has come to life in a big way. My mid range is now so strong it almost got me hurt. ? Man I love having to hold on for dear life. :D This MOD works.. :D

OK who's next give me something else!

I have been debating it now for about 6 months or so.. A couple of weeks ago I was going to spend the $400. and buy a big gun system (I'm not concerned about the noise in the ORV parks and areas that I ride...I have ridden SETRA events uncorked with no problems) However, I got a chance to see and hear GA426Owners White Brothers exhaust system this past weekend and have decided that I am going to go with that one. ? I don't know mabe I've got one of those exception bikes in that it has always had the power to smoke most other bikes (Power Wise) on the trail. Now with the gray wire cut it is even more awsome. :D The noise level of the White Bros seems to be a little louder than my stock (Deeper tone)taking into consideration that David is running a WR426F and I'm running a WR400F, mabe it would be slightly quieter on mine. But I'm sold....Just waiting for my annual bonus check to arrive within the next couple of weeks...

Bonzai.... :D

Uncle Moose, my Fax# is 770-576-2336. I would really like to see a copy of the article. Thanks for the effort to fax to me. Bill, like you I know where the info came from to do this mod - from this site. I am curious of the biasness of this article. I am sure the GNCC Pro rider - buddy - who told me about this mod, will not be too happy to hear about this article either, oh well.

• 2 months later...

Radtoy, you really don't need it (unless you're collecting it for another reason.) Just take the seat & tank off. It's the only wiring harness that runs along the frame, under the TANK. It will have a plastic coupling with three or so different wires, just find the gray one and snip it, then tape off or silicone the ends so they don't ground on anything. You're done, easiest of the mods next to removing the one bolt for the baffle. smile.gif