Sign in to follow this  

Has anyones used an AC Horn?

Fourstrokesonly has an AC voltage horn listed on their site and I was curious if anyone has used one?

It looks like it has a built in rectifier. I was thinking I could make one myself with a few diodes.

Yes, all you need is 4 diodes to build a bridge rectifier. Do a quick google search on "full wave bridge rectifier" or "bridge rectifier" and you'll come up with a schematic, I'm sure.

Just hit radio-shack for some 50V 2 or 5 amp diodes, they should be pretty cheap. Cobble the thing up the right way, and you can insulate each 'leg' with some heat-shrink tubing, then put some big shrink tubing over the whole thing.

The only ?? is, what voltage does your system put out?

Dave

Fourstrokesonly has an AC voltage horn listed on their site and I was curious if anyone has used one?

It looks like it has a built in rectifier. I was thinking I could make one myself with a few diodes.

Yes my 1966 Triumph did not have a battery and the entire system was all AC including the horn which you could not hear. As best I remember it was just speaker with a frequency of the alternator.