Sign in to follow this  

moveing to jersy

Looks like I may be taking a job in jersey. I know theres not alot of open places to ride up their but are their any good ohv parks? Also what places should I hit up on the way up thier.

dont do it. theres like 3 tracks and the best spots are illegal. cold weather sux pete 2

they have an ohv park called njorvp the website is njorvp.org alot of illegal riding spots most of the good ones shut down and tracks spread out all over pa and nj all like 2 hours away from where u live most of them neway

Mid-Atlantic= No Moto. Yeah there are some great facility's here (Rocket, Budds, ect.) but they always seem to be hours away from where you live. So yes there are some good moto tracks here adn there but most likely they are hours away.

dont do it. theres like 3 tracks and the best spots are illegal. cold weather sux pete 2
Don't forget the killer humidity in the summer. The "friendly" people, and oh yeah, the best, the killer property taxes (in north east Jersey anyway). :cry: :cry:

- Ed - former NJ lifer

There are plenty of places to trail ride. A quiet bike with a license plate is all you need. Much of it is illegal but no one ever bothers you.

There are 4 mx tracks that are about an hour and a half from me.

As usual people would rather complain than get off their fat ass and look for a place to go ride.

I'm in North Jersey Wildo. If you want to ride PM me.

Don't forget the killer humidity in the summer. The "friendly" people, and oh yeah, the best, the killer property taxes (in north east Jersey anyway). :cry: :cry:

- Ed - former NJ lifer

i live in near freehold, a suburb town anyway..its pricey here. if all goes right ill be in TN next year away from this garbage of a state:thumbsup: how much money is this job paying?

it must suck to live in places where you arent allowed to ride

right now i live about 5mins from town

i can hop on my bike

ride 40ft down the rd, hit a trail and be gone for the whole day in the trail. NO RESTRICTIONS WHAT-SO-EVER.i can also trail ride to 2 mx tracks within 5mins and can ride the bikes into the gas station because there is a trail fairly close..without too much trouble

you boys got it tough

Can't you see the Arctic Circle from Nova Scotia??? It might not be the end of the earth.... but you can see it from there. :cry::applause::cry: Just messing with you PLR. Where I live in Cali. used to be like that when I was a kid. I lived 2 minutes from a natural OHV park without any cops or hippies bugging you. Now there are million dollar homes overlooking it. If there were jobs in BFE that's where you'd find me....

I happen to agree with Beezer. There are plenty of places to ride here, especially if you're not an a-hole about it. I've been riding off road for 30 years in NJ. What part of NJ are you moving to?

Check-out the Northeast forum. There are plenty of NJ riders there. :cry:

Ill be moving to Ochen Grove right by Asbury park. I kind of expected to have to drive a ways to get any rideing in. Its prety open here in Arkansas but most of the land is private hunting leases that are illeagal to ride on and none of the trails are realy worth riding. You have to drive 2.5 hrs to get to the nearest track or ohv park here as well. The job Im taking pays 7000 more a year than what Im making now but I have alot of family up there, thats the main reason Im thinking about going. How hard would it be to make my wr426 street leagal?

Ill be moving to Ochen Grove right by Asbury park. I kind of expected to have to drive a ways to get any rideing in. Its prety open here in Arkansas but most of the land is private hunting leases that are illeagal to ride on and none of the trails are realy worth riding. You have to drive 2.5 hrs to get to the nearest track or ohv park here as well. The job Im taking pays 7000 more a year than what Im making now but I have alot of family up there, thats the main reason Im thinking about going. How hard would it be to make my wr426 street leagal?

asburys a dump..brush up on your ebonix if you want to communicate with the natives. good luck:thumbsup:

Ill be moving to Ochen Grove right by Asbury park. ...How hard would it be to make my wr426 street leagal?
I don't know that area. I'm down south in Cherry Hill. It is impossible to make a WR426 street legal in NJ unless you obtain a street title for it before you move to NJ. Even then, it will be difficult. If you can get it street titled in your current state, do it now. Then you'll have to try to transfer the title to NJ. I've seen mixed results with this but it is your best bet. If you start with the MSO in NJ, forget it.

the best spots are illegal.

So ride 'em! I do, I'll listen to them b#tch when they catch me!:cry::cry:

the closest place for you would be englishtown mx and atco mx parks. i would say about 30-45 minutes from you.those are motorcross tracks the nj orv park is probably less then an hour but its a little pricey unless you join up for a yearly membership...they have mx and xc trails for you to ride.theres also another mx track further south of you but i forget what its called.

like a few others have stated nj has some pretty good places to ride, i grew up here and have always liked riding in nj. there are plenty of xc and enduro races for bikes, not as lucky for us quad guys.

asburys a dump..brush up on your ebonix if you want to communicate with the natives. good luck:thumbsup:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! :cry::cry:

So ride 'em! I do, I'll listen to them b#tch when they catch me!:cry::lol:

thats what i do..but i rather ride and not have to worry about getting my bike impounded, fines, etc . motocross isnt a crime...:cry:

I could plate a Big Wheel if I wanted to.

We should show Wildo where the spell check button is.