Sign in to follow this  

Non-rubber Mounted Triple Clamps a Bad Idea?

I'm looking at installing an adjustable non-rubber mounted upper clamp on my '05 CRF450 to relocate the handlebars more forward and higher. There is an upper clamp made by Longhorn for only $99 with adjustability and varying bar riser heights available. Have any of you experienced an excessive amount of increased vibration with other non-rubber mounted triple clamps or upper clamps? If so, I'll put out a few more bills for something like the Pro-Taper rubber mounted unit.

Thanks

hey there, I got tired of replacing the stock bar clamps everytime my bike would go down. the bolt would bend due to the rubber cones....I didnt buy a solid triple clamp, but I did make it solid!!! I bought the pro-taper bar clamps and then the fastway billet cones. Once all that is in place, it is as solid as a one piece triple clamp and I have loved it ever since. I have no more vibration than before and I love not having to worry about bending the bolts everytime I crash...so in your case, I would go for it man, you will be fine!!!

On my '02 I had Pro Circuit triple clamps with solid mounted bar clamps. They worked great, never twisted and vibration wasn't an issue. I'll probably do the same on my '05.

I always wonder why PC gave me solid cone and rubber with my clamps. I thought who would use the solids. Never thought about them being weaker.