Sign in to follow this  

smaller tank for 02wr250?

just wanted to get some advise, im new to the site and to 4strokes.

im looking at buying a 02 wr250f, it has had some mods done to it:dr D exhaust, 03 cam(I think) grey wire mod. i rode it for a day and did like it, just did not like the way u sit back on the seat, cause the tank is so big. does any one know if a yzf tank would bolt on and probably the seat would have to change too.

You can use the seat/tank combo from a 2001-2002 YZ250f or YZ426F. But you must replace both. These are frequently available on ebay. Aftermarket tanks from Clarke and seats from One Industries or SDG, for the above models, will also work.

I have the same bike and recently bought an 02 yzf 250 seat off of ebay for $9, and a clarke factory dup tank for 170. There are tanks on ebay also. I changed mine out for the same reason you are considering and it makes a big difference!

hey, thanks for the info. I will buy the bike and tank/seat will be first on my list. Do the radiator or shrouds need changed too or will they bolt up to yz tank? Sounds like there are alot of upgrades for that bike, so if you have any ideas, I would love to here them, my thoughts are to make it more like a yzf.

thanks again for the help

hey, thanks for the info. I will buy the bike and tank/seat will be first on my list. Do the radiator or shrouds need changed too or will they bolt up to yz tank? Sounds like there are alot of upgrades for that bike, so if you have any ideas, I would love to here them, my thoughts are to make it more like a yzf.

thanks again for the help

The shrouds do fit. Because the WR radiators are wider you need a little elbow grease to get the bolts in but once you do they work just fine.

As far as upgrades. Just check out my bike in the "My Garage" link to the left. I call my bike a "WZ" because of all the upgrades I have done to make it more "YZ" like. At this point the only parts of mine that are "WR" are the radiator and transmission.