Sign in to follow this  

Ca INSURANCE

Yeah!!!! I got my xr400 registered street legal. Now, where is the cheapest insurance??

Progressive is the cheapest I could find, $75 for basic coverage.:cry:

I had to play around with the on-line quote to get to the lowest rate, put in enough years of riding experience, doesn't have to mean how long you've had a license, and the rate comes down. I think $75 is as low as they go. Mine is due for renewal, and the wife wants me to put some comp coverage on the bike because she worries about it getting ripped off, so I'll see if they're still cheap with extended coverage.:cry:

YUP! I just went there and got my $75 quote. THANK YOU!! GOOD CALL!! Sure beats $367 from AAA..OUCH!

I noticed I had to put a few years of motorcyclist drivers license to make the quote $75, what if I dont have a motorcycles drivers license will they check the dmv???

I noticed I had to put a few years of motorcyclist drivers license to make the quote $75, what if I dont have a motorcycles drivers license will they check the dmv???

Yup...

It's been a couple of years now since I started the insurance, but at the time I applied I only had my MC permit, not a license. I put in the number of years I had been riding (a bunch) not how long I'd had a license. I'm still with them, so I guess I did it right.:cry:

Figueora, heres an idea...................GET A LICENSE! :cry:

If you get pulled over without it, you are driving without a license. It'll ruin your day. :cry:

$28.00 PL/PD, currently. On my CA Insurance card, it says GMAC insurance. Then on the next line, Company issuing National General Insurance Co. 1993 XR600. An ad was in the AMA magazine for Honda Road Riders Insurance. This was 9 years ago. A couple of years ago I used to pay $68 for full coverage(PL/PD + fire, theft, collision). When price went up to $148 I dropped the f/t/c.