Sign in to follow this  

Life Circuit Machines

Is using the Life Circuit machines better than free weights or any other machine types for weight lifting?

I usually use mostly free weights and very little machines while working out. My workout partner has discovered the Life Circuit machines and seems to think it ensures her better range of motion and a more thourough workout.

Your comments? :cry:

I don't know if the machine is better than free weights, but I think that using free weights incorrectly can lead to injury. With machines you are less likely to get injured.

The main difference between free weights and machines is that lifting free weights you will work more of the "stabilizing" muscles, due to having to control the weight.

If you lift intelligently, free weights are best because of the aforementioned stabilization effort you have to apply to the exercise. IMO dumbells are the best and offer complete range of motion, just don't over do it. If you're prone to injuries, then by all means use a machine. It's still better than not exercising or getting injured.