Fishlake National Forest/piute Trail, Whats The Rding Like?

Would Like To Go Riding In Fishlake National Forest This Summer. What Type Of Terrain And Trails For Dirtbiking? What About Piute Trail,dual Sport Or Dirt Bike? Any Info From Local Riders Or Anyone Who Has Spent Time Riding There And What Did You Ride? Thanks For Your Help!!

LOTS OF DOUBLE TRACK very popular system for 4-wheelers. I personally don't know a lot about the area but I have heard there are a few trails worth going over. I know there are some challenging trails in the area but I would say the area is perfectly suited for a dual sport bike trail bike. Check out this link for info on the Paiute stem http://www.marysvale.org/paiute_trail/contents.html

Lots of double track and fire roads, a lot of everything - technical or high speed. Very diverse, from high desert to high elevation alpine areas. Lots of streams and forests. If you like solitude, you'll get it. You can link up mega-long rides with fuel/food stops in off-roader friendly towns. All you need is Paiute Trail map and it's all pretty well marked and straight-forward.

I've ridden the Paiute out of Filmore a few years ago. This is one of the many off-road friendly towns that circle the trail system. Very popular with the ATV crowd since its all doubletrack and jeep trail. Scenery is the real attraction of the rides. You get a wide variety of terrain as the trails change in elevation.

Best time to ride is early to mid summer or as soon as most of the snow has melted from the ridgetops. By late summer it gets pretty dry and dusty. It can be very rocky on the more popular sections from all the ATV traffic. If you can ride midweek you won't see many others out on the trail. Be sure to pick up the map, there's lots of options for starting points, loops etc.

Enjoy:thumbsup: