Sign in to follow this  

Two2Cool does it work ?

I did a test using Two2Cool. I run a z-start on my '05 and ride mx. First, I did a couple of motos and measued the temperature of the clutch cover using a nifty UV Temperature gun. Then I added 2 ounces of this stuff and rode two more, measuring at the end of each. I can conclude that it dropped the temp 10 degrees F. Both beginning motos, the temp was in the 180's and the last two were in the 170's. I'm told it works better as the temps go up which is good because the oil breaks down with heat.

Common oil temps(measured internally) on a CRF450 can exceed 300f. We have seen the close to 400f at times. The can exceed coolant temps by as much as 150 degrees.

All of our testing has been done with digital guages mounted on the bike and thermocouples in the engine oil and in the radiator as well.

The only variable you will see with two2cool is how hot the engines oil is to begin with. If you are getting it over 300 f then you will see a drop of 50 to 60 degrees. I have posted it here and many times in other forums that if your temps are around 200f you cannot expect a 60 degree drop.

I could tell you how well it works but it would be meaningless coming from me. There are hundreds of threads and I never counted them but probally over 1,000 posts on ktmtalk all unsolicited and from engine builders and end users. Do a search there.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

I got a can of snake oil I will sell ya for 20 bucks....any takers? :)

my oil temp dropped 15 degrees from 190 to 175,now given my equipment is meant for measuring the temp on my deep fried turkey but its still gotta be accurate within a couple deg. it was a controlled run each time with 2 warm up laps and then 2 flat out on my tight woods test track,temp measured as soon as i stopped. i also run the rekluse clutch and find it to operate not only cooler(i could not hold my hand on the cover before and with 22C i can rest my hand on it for a 3-5 count depending on how tight the run was) but smoother. this was reinforced when i had to change the oil in the field on a long wknd and forgot the 22C, it was back to the dragging at idle,slight chatter on take off. very noticeable. i've been using it for 3 months now with no side effects. oil is cleaner on change and feels better also(more viscocity left) i use it with delo 400 15-40 :)

I can tell you that the stuff works like a charm. You have to try it to see it. I will not run without it. Team Scream I can tell that you have never tried it because if you did you would be telling a different story!

Didn't I read that the 2cool is mainly a carrier oil with a small amount of the magic stuff mixed in. Didn't I also read that the magic stuff prevented foaming of the oil?

Didn't I read that the 2cool is mainly a carrier oil with a small amount of the magic stuff mixed in. Didn't I also read that the magic stuff prevented foaming of the oil?

Foaming/air entrainment goes up as temps increase. Many oils begin to foam at a much higher rate when they reach the high temps we are seeing today in 4 stroke offroad motorcycles.

Oil treated with two2cool will foam less no matter the heat involved. But, by keeping your engine oil at a lower temp helps with the foaming issue the most.

Its not really magic, just good science at work.

Are you saying that the oil foaming is the cause of high temps. and twocool prevents this.

No and yes.

The main reason for the high temps some of us (not all) are seeing are a few different factors. We have seen temps in some wet clutches well over 600f. this has been backed up by other engine builders.

This is obviously the extreme side teperatures in motorcycle engines.

You asked about foaming. What I meant is when foaming occurs it makes engine parts get hotter at a faster rate. Because there is less oil touching a part and more air. Causing temps to go up at an accelerated rate. Also causing even more foaming.

Do a online search for air entrainment or air entrenchment. I am sure you can find this in detail.

On 4 strokes this foaming with high temps and certain oils will get so bad that the foam will fill the vent tube. Then during decelleration which causes more crankcase pressure it will cause oil loss out the vent.

TY Davis was the first to notice the oil loss issue being solved in the 24 hours of Glenn hellen this year. I first noticed it by accident on the dyno.

Thanks Norman

So does it work just as well no matter what type of oil your using, if im using the cheapest oil I can find (thats rated to work in my WR400) or if im using the most expensive synthetic oil I can buy this stuff will lower my temps?

So how does it do it? ...just by preventing the foam or is that only a part of it?

Jerrit

it works well with the delo 400 15-40 i use. norman has told me it will work with any oil syn or dino. just don't ask whats in it!! i've been using it for months and everything is fine. my bike ran so hot before i was concerned for its well being,with this stuff it runs normal temps. :)

Im no scientist so i will simply use deductive reasoning.

Less heat must be done by reducing friction.

Some people say engine oil is cleaner whan changed.

I assume most particle contaminant in engine oil is from the clutch.

Some report a smoother feel on the clutch.

so...less clutch friction = less heat and less oil contamination.

but will it have a long term effect on the clutch? will it eventually glaze it?

Jerrit, less tendancy to have an oil foaming issue is just one of the benifits of using two2cool.

The main way it helps to lower your engine temps is it makes oil attracted to heat. Yes this does lower friction. But but not by adding hugs amounts of AW/ep additives in your oil. It makes your go to where its needed and stay there.

It will also work with any engine oil. WE even have one for ATF for the guys using ATF in their 2 strokes or you can add it to your tranny in your truck/auto.

Sene me your email and I will send you a short description of how it works and some of the benifits from using it. Norman

GO NORMAN :) GO NORMAN :D i dream of the day when we find out what makes it tick :p come to think of it i guess i don't understand how half the crap i own does what it does. ignorance is bliss :)

You asked about foaming. What I meant is when foaming occurs it makes engine parts get hotter at a faster rate. Because there is less oil touching a part and more air. Causing temps to go up at an accelerated rate. Also causing even more foaming.

Do a online search for air entrainment or air entrenchment. I am sure you can find this in detail.

On 4 strokes this foaming with high temps and certain oils will get so bad that the foam will fill the vent tube. Then during decelleration which causes more crankcase pressure it will cause oil loss out the vent.

I've run 22C for two oil cycles now. And it just occured to me, I have not seen any oil foam residue in my vent tube during this time. Used to always have some goo in there. Seems like 22C is working! :banghead: