Sign in to follow this  

05' WR250f questions

ok im new to the forums so dont get mad if i ask stupid questions but would a wr250f be a good bike for me im 6'1'' and weight about 135-140 ive been ridin a ttr125 and that is way to small for me but i really want a wr250f! do they have alot of power? what is the top speed on them and do they have alot of low end torque and stuff?? like i said before guys im new to the forums so sorry if i asked dumb questions! thanks

Im 6 ft 165,my 05 wr250 is plenty of bike...Oh I ride senior A enduro's

Buy it you will love it!!!!

If you are used to the TTR125 you are going to be AMAZED at the power of the WR250!!!! However, it isn't known for it's low end torque. I climb plenty of hills with mine, but it likes to go up them faster in mid range rather than slowly from the low end. Where the WR is truly awesome is in it's upper range. When you really open up the throttle, it screams like a banchie!! Great bike.

aight thanks guys im definatly getting this bike but it probly wont be for awhile!! do any of you know the top speed?? o ya and will it beat a yz250f?

the WR has a higher top speed than the YZ since it has the wide ratio gear box, hence WR. But a YZ will pull out of the hole faster due to its close range gearing. I wouldn't be too worried about the top speed but ive read in previous posts that its in the 70mph range and upwards.

You are my size exactly, 6-1, 145lbs. The wr250f was my first bike and I couldnt be happier. Remember, you can ride a fast bike slow, but you cannot ride a slow bike fast. Buy it, I give you my blessing :cry:

if you want to go that extra mile and get the canadian produced wr250f then you can order it and you dont need to do any free mods.

I read that the '05 WR's got "Californicated".

the '05 450 was given a green sticker but not the 250, they were lined up to both get the same changes but they couldn't meet the deadline so i heard with the 250 so they took the red sticker.