Sign in to follow this  

Front Street Tire on Rear Rim?

Are there any problems with running a street front tire size 110/90-19 on the stock rear rim of a crf450?

Thanks

Ive heard tire guys say running them backwards is best if your going to do it.

almost forgot to mention, that was advice on an XR100 though. I didnt ask but I assume because it may have and overlap in lamination that would be less affected by acceleration forces than not?

Out of topic but what would be the stickiest tires for the stock XR100 Rims? and what size? 110/80/19 and 110/80/16 would work?

I've tried a bunch of diff. tires on my XR100 for supermoto,AVON Supervenoms,Pirelli Sport Demons, but in the end I came full circle back to the Bridgtestone TW's that I started with when I used the bike for flat track. All of these tires work well, but the TW's are the only ones worth a damn in the dirt. They also last the longest.

I have an 04 ktm 525exc. I run Metzler me33 lasers on the stock wheels. I didn't want to spend over $1,500 on wheels and tires at the beginning because of 1) the wife factor and 2) what if I don't like it? I used fronts on both wheels. I didn't reverse the rear. Granted, I'm not sliding all over the place like a racer. Since my ktm is tagged, I just wanted some cool tires to use buzzing around on the street. Also with the kind of roads we have in central Illinois ( not super smooth asphalt like California or the Dragons Tail) I felt it was wiser to have some sort of tread rather than a superbike tire anyway. I also didn't want too sticky of a tire since I'm not running a cush drive on the rear and don't want to hand- grenade my tranny by biting in on a corner too hard. I hope this helps. Be safe.

Jason