Sign in to follow this  

building up a good argument

It's been a while since ive actually loggen on here as I shortly gave up my fight for a bike. I'm 16 now and want to get an enduro bike to dualsport so i can put around the town when its nice out and to get from trail to trail. I've found an 04 X in my area asking 4500 and an 03 WR250f asking 4200. I've ridden my cousins xr's and know my way around on 2 wheels. Setting aside the possibility that the X cold have faulty valves and oil problems I love the idea of the smooth plush crf with the nimble low center or gravity. However i am 6'3 and am worried i might feel cramped in the cockpit. In an unbiased opinion i would like to hear people's takes on the advantages and disadvantages of each bike and where i may find myself happiest.

Thanks Dave, Ive eyed that thread a few times and yes it has helped, i guess im kinda foolishly looking for someone to hand me a deciding factor to me when we all know that is very hard to do when weighing in 2 excellent machines. I'm just gonna have to sit on them and maybe get to lug around on em a bit see how i respond to each machine and what feels best to me.

More Massachusetts people? Sounds good to me. What part you from? I ride an R model, so I'm not much help, but I guess it's a good idea to get a dual-sport if thats what you want. Where are you getting those prices from? I might be able to hook you up at a local dealer. Got AIM? IM me...CRF250AWP

Damn aim, im from danvers, north of boston. I'm getting my prices from private sellers in the Want advertiser. Where abouts are you located?

I might be able to help, I have 3 in the garage.

1 each X

2 ea WR250f

What you wonderin about?

oh, and my oldest son and I both are 6'3" (his is one of the WRs) the other is his brothers.

HR

:cry:

:cry:

I am on the South Shore. 10 minutes from boston. I got my bike from Weymouth Honda. I have been going to them for a while now, and they are great people to deal with. I know they can hook you up with a new bike, but they don't usually have used. Occasionally they do, but just give them a call. 781-337-7400 ask for Jason in Motorcycle parts. Tell him Ari told you to call, and he'll give you all the information. Great place to deal with.

Yeh the thought of a new bike is nice but i am also trying to make sure i keep enough money to be able to get myself a decent car or to hand my dad in return for hopefully getting to drive his weekend car that he NEVER drives. No not a sports car type of weekend car its a wrangler with some goodies for wheelin. 33" tires 4.5" of lift bash plates winch high lift jack and on board CO2 to fill the tires after airing down, it's quite the little rig and ONLY 16,000 miles and its a 2000!