Sign in to follow this  

Quiet exhaust for trail riding

Has anyone tried any of the quiet exhausts? I know of 3, the FMF Q, and powerbomb header, Big Gun quiet series, and White Brothers E series. Do you think the powerbomb header makes it quieter or is it a gimmick? There is also that end cap for the stock exhaust, I forgot what that was. Can anyone compare the quiet exhausts, or if they can't compare them to anything, just give an impression on the power with a more restrictive exhaust.

The Big gun comes with a lowboy header, so that usually makes more low end which is what I would be looking for as a trail rider. It looked pretty nice, but I have only heard race series of Big Gun exhausts, and they were way too loud. Even the Q on a wr250f was pretty loud. I definitely want to stay on the quiet side, so perhaps that power bomb is worth the price with the FMF system?

I had a ktm125 once that had a similar thing in the midpipe area behind the side panel. A thin tube with very coarse steel wool for packing. I wish someone made one of those, assuming it worked of course. You can only go so big on the silencer before it hits something like the brake or fender.

I ride 04 a rm-z, I have the power bomb header and the spark arestor cap with

the quite plug.Where I ride they have a 96db limite it passes with no problem.

With the carb re jeted it has plenty of power and is a great trail bike.

Chuck

i have an '04 KX250f, and i have the pro circuit headpipe, and the type-496 silencer which has a spark arrestor, and is silenced to 96 db. This meets all forrestry requirements.... i noticed an all around power increase with this...

Yoshimura makes a silencer that has three adjustable end caps. The smallest one knocks the sound down to 93db's, with a 5% reduction in power. Then if you want to moto, you can take out three screws and you have a full race silencer. That is the best I have found. I had an FMF Q on a CR125 and it made very little difference, so I wasn't impressed. I think a stock DRZ in around 90 db's, but I could be wrong.