Sign in to follow this  

One fast CRF.... Yoshimira Motor Mods??

Probably just rode the fastest CRF450 I will ever get to ride. I friend of mine bought one of Kyle Lewis's 04 supercross bikes, and yes, its genuine for all you skeptics. Ive got to tell you, this thing is crazy, crazy fast, but still pretty rideable. The track we ride at in town, is pretty tight with lots of corners, some hard pack, but its mostly a sand mix, and there are only a couple places I could even think of twisting it to the stop, from the bottom to the top in the revs, the power is seamless, and endless. I practiced a few starts with it today, and it made my motor feel like I was riding a XR, we've all seen that his bikes are fast, I just had no friggin idea they were this fast.......:cry: :cry: :cry:

They stuck a set of his Noleen mod'ed outdoor suspension on it, it works damn good too, I figured it would still be so stiff for a mortal that it would rattle your teeth out.

One thing I noticed however, was the lack of engine braking compared to my 04, Im not sure how this is accomplished, but I like to hear from the motor experts on how thats done??? Its by far the fastest thing I have ever ridden, hands down...

A guy that works for him has bought a couple of them in the past, not sure how that dude got to know the people at Moto XXX, it cost the same as a new bike, the rims have some dents, but other than that, the bikes fairly clean. I though he was nuts for buying it, that was until I rode it a few times:worthy:

One thing I noticed however, was the lack of engine braking compared to my 04, Im not sure how this is accomplished, but I like to hear from the motor experts on how thats done???
slipper clutch.

I know what you mean about fast 450's....a juiced up one is just...insanely fast...the part about trying to hang on to one for a 25 minute moto (much less 35 minutes!!!) is true. You have to AGREE with it on certain things...or it will eat your lunch.

I am making the 250F my bitch, compared to the 450 making me it's. :cry:

slipper clutch.

Really, I'll have to get him to check that. Ive heard a couple times that lots of the teams are using those on the 4 strokes.

I know what you mean about fast 450's....a juiced up one is just...insanely fast...the part about trying to hang on to one for a 25 minute moto (much less 35 minutes!!!) is true. You have to AGREE with it on certain things...or it will eat your lunch.

I am making the 250F my bitch, compared to the 450 making me it's. :cry:

One things for sure about that motor, you had better be pointed in the right direction when you pull the trigger, I had a couple moments today on it, and I thought I was being pretty smooth. One corner on the track is deep, soft sand, I was layed over pretty close to horizontal, and the thing was pulling the front tire of the ground, it made me laugh and shake my head, just couldnt believe the power that thing has. I definately do not need anything that fast.....

Really, I'll have to get him to check that. Ive heard a couple times that lots of the teams are using those on the 4 strokes.
I'm also pretty sure it's a slipper clutch. A slipper clutch is a special clutch that disengages the clutch under deceleration so that engine braking isn't applied to the rear tire.