Sign in to follow this  

Question about Hot Starts

Today I noticed that once my bike was hot, and if I pulled the hotstart, it would lose RPM's and almost die while it was idling, is that normal??. Im thinking its a fuel screw/pilot jet problem, but Ive never noticed this before, and I'm actually not sure why I was messing around with, I usually dont have to even use it to get the bike fired up again, unless the bike flips over or something pretty drastic.

When the engine is hot pulling the hot start while its running will make it lean enough to pop or die for sure

Once it's running you don't want to have it pulled in, let it go!

LOL, yeah, I know that, like I said, not sure why I pulled it in, just noticed the result of doing it.:cry:

See if you can send some of that Florida weather our way, I want to go riding!

Just wait till the rainy season gets here, or we get hit with 4 hurricanes or something ridiculous and everything is flooded, and I mean everything. Still better than the cold IMO though, Im heading to Michigan next week for a long weekend with my girl, and Im pretty sure Im not leaving the house unless its on fire, and I will probably stand really close to stay warm:thumbsup:

You got it all wrong...the folks from Michigan go to Florida this time of year :cry:

You got that right, its no wonder the plane tickets were so cheap, the airlines figured anyone who is nuts enough to "fly North for the Winter" must have a screw or three loose.:cry: :cry:

Looks like 6 degrees in Michigan this morning. If you're bringing your bike with you, I'm thinking you won't need to touch that hot start at all! lol :cry:

I just got back from Florida Sunday night after spending a week there. It was so nice- 70-75 degrees, sunny, green grass, birds chirping, leaves on the trees. All the time wearing a tee shirt and shorts.

Then I come home to 2' of snow and 20-30 degrees.:cry:

I wish I could just spend the entire winter there.:cry:

The winters down here arent usually very cold, we are pretty spoiled, unfortunately the summers more than make up for that with the heat and humidity, riding in 90+ degree weather with usually 80-95% humidity will drain you very quickly.

Looks like 6 degrees in Michigan this morning. If you're bringing your bike with you, I'm thinking you won't need to touch that hot start at all! lol :cry:

OMG, its been a long, long time since I've been in weather like that. I'll be sure to post what I did to stay warm, Im sure some Crown Royal will help.

No bike this trip, but some of us are planning on heading to Red Bud for the 4th of July, and maybe racing amatuer day while we are there.