Sign in to follow this  

Black excel rims?

Where is the cheapest place to buy a set of black excel rims, a 21 inch front and an 18 by 2.50 rear, and a set of excel spokes? Are excel spokes the best for excel rims? My rims are a little bit tweadked, and I have quite a few seized and broken spokes, so I was wondering where to find the best prices.:cry:

I'd give TT a call and see what they can do for you. And remember, if you do find it someplace cheaper, let them know and they'll knock down the price :cry:

You can try Chaparral Motorsports or Rocky Mountain MC. If your going to go through Chaparral I suggest just visiting the store, the people who work their mail order dont seem to know what they're packaging. Also, the TT Store is a great place...the prices are good and if you finf it someplace cheaper they'll most likely knock down the price to get your service.

if you get the rims for under $100 you are doing good....$110-115 is common for black.

I would give my left nut for some black excels.

What is the process for that? Buy the rims, spokes and have them relaced on your hubs?

How much would all that cost with someone else doing the labor? about.

Do all hubs have the same number of spoke holes?

cheap way: buy two rims from Chapparel.

very carefuly take off your old spoke nipples, and carefuly put the new rim over the spokes.

carefuly tighten the spokes into the new rim.

(true it yourself--hard for newbies...)

pay $40/wheel for somone to true it...

total cost about $300.

expensive way...cut your own spokes off.

mail your hubs to a wheel builder.

pay for spokes, rims and labor

rim--$120

spoke sets-$60

labor--$80

= $260 per wheel...

super expensive-

buy pre-built wheels

talon hubs, buchanon spokes, black excells

total cost about $550 per wheel...plus disc, rim lock, bolts.

Most bikes have 36 spoke wheels, but you can also get 32, I would get 36 spokes, only because of the greater number of spokes holding the wheel together, I think the 36 spoke would be stronger...:cry: