Sign in to follow this  

Bent Subframe

I have a 2004 rmz250 and I have a little trouble keeping it on two wheels. :cry: lol. I have bent my subframe and I dont know how to straighten back up without buying a new one which would cost like $200 :cry:

Well I've straightend alot of them with just a blow of a BFH (big fricken hammer), take the seat, side numberplates, muffler and rear fender off, take a few wacks and then set the rear fender back in place to see if it lines up with the rear wheel, keep hammering away till she's straight, that's my best advise without shelling 200 on a new one.

Consider yourself lucky.

When my subframe got bent, it was before AC came out with their version.

So I had to buy one from Suzuki.

It was $400.00!:cry:

If you get a long enough pipe over the end you can slowly move it back into position. Leave it on the bike and have someone hold the bike from moving as you leverage on the pipe. The trick is getting a strong enough pipe over the end with enough length to give you the force needed to bend the subframe back, and it takes conciderable force.

Merlinn

How did u manage to bend a sub frame it would be wise just to buy a new one because even if u bend it back it still wouldnt be straight and it would throw your bike off center so you should really just buy a new one and this way the subframe wont be weakend by anything

heat it up with the oxy and get a big steel bar and bend it back around.

if ur gonna try to hit it back into place with a big hammer take off ur airbox u dont wanna risk cracking it thats another 103 dollars.

dont hit it at all, you will probably crack it. the way we do it at the bikeshop is how i said above.