Sign in to follow this  

Sikk toys 107 preliminary report!

Got the bike today.

Crate was nice, solid, protective.

Removed the bike from the crate, installed the bars, changed the oil, added fuel...

After a quick inspection It cranked up after a few kicks.

SOUNDS AWESOME! that pipe rocks.

Bike looks Great (although no graphics yet).

Transmission felt a little notchy.... hard to find neutral.

Rode up and down my driveway a few times. The transmission seemed to get better. The clutch was jerky in the beginning but it smoothed out quickly.

The power is GREAT. It pulls very strong in 1,2 & 3rd.

I didn't push it at all... want to break it in a little first.

Suspension:

The front feels very nice. Quite firm but has a nice stroke. The rear is STIFF. The bike hardly squats when I sit on the seat (220#).

I've only spent 20 min with the bike so this may be premature but...

The quality "looks" very good.

The bolts for the plastics are allen head (not phillips).

Chain sliders/hardware is impressive.

Swingarm is very nice!

Footpegs are REALLY NICE and BIG.

Handlebars are nice, not like cheap BMX bars. The cross bar is attached with clamps like Renthals.

Carb looks cheap. Cheesy plastic choke.

Throttle assy looks kind of cheap (like stock crf 50) but it'll probably be fine.

Clutch perch is ok... but has a threaded hole for a rear view mirror! Also has some kind of electrical connectors on it obviously for some other application.

Air filter looks good, like a K&N copy with a foam pre-filter over it.

Nice gripper seat cover.

Wheels look very nice. Spokes are heavy-duty.

Hydro brakes seem to be strong.

Tires are cheap.

Thats it for now... will give a ride report when it drys up enough to ride.

I just looked these up on the net. They do look pretty sweet. How much was it and shipping? Do they come with some kind of warranty?

If possible,please try your best to "check-out" the trans. and the frames strength,as I am ready to order one of these from Adam,but am a bit worried about possible trans problems that some of the new minis(bar the Icon),seem to have, and/or the frame strength. Thanks.

Thanks a lot. I like the look of the Sikk 107.

They are supposed to come out with a 120cc version

in the end of march. Should I wait for that one????

I'll wait to hear more.

Spent about an hour playing around on the bike today with my kids.

Here's some more observations:

1st gear is basically useless..... it is very low and you cant go more than a few feet without needing second.

A new sprocket may be on my list of things to do. On the plus side... my 7 year old who is just learning to ride a clutch uses 2,3,4th and never has to worry about neutral.

We only rode on the street due to lots of rain and mud here. Second and third gear wheelies are no problem, plenty of usable power.

The rear shock is beginning to respond quite well (it was super stiff initially).

The engine has TONS of compression. My 10yr old can barely start it. The 7 yr old cant kick it at all.

Top speed isn't screaming fast..... but it is a huge improvement over the stock 50, and feels somewhat faster than our ttr 90.

The overall size of this bike is big. I'm not sure how much they stretched the frame, but it must be about 3-4" longer than the 50, when you add the longer swingarm it is roughly the same size as a kx 65 (probably a klx110).

Here's some pictures:

http://www.planetminis.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album424&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

I hope the link works.

Man, I could have sworn I was looking at my SDG when I looked at those pictures. The only thing I saw different was the chain guide, chain roller, and the exhaust. I'm beginning to think these Chinese folks over there are making a killing! :cry:

Man, that swing arm sure looks nice.

Tires look like junk (easy fix)

Rear disc brake looks good (except for the zip tie holding the cable to the swingarm)

Handle bars look a little odd on those big forks, almost like the lower section at the T-clamps is too narrow? I may just be used ot my Pro-Tapers?

I like the rear brake lever.. Looks stronger than my Icons.. The rear brake lever on the Icon is Junk...

Def. get some better tires. Of just wait till your kids tear those ones up on the driveway first..

Thanks for the picks.. Let us know about anything else that comes up.

:cry:

The overall size of this bike is big. I'm not sure how much they stretched the frame, but it must be about 3-4" longer than the 50, when you add the longer swingarm it is roughly the same size as a kx 65 (probably a klx110).

It's only a 1" longer frame.

Ok Finally got to put the little bike on the track today. Here's how it went:

My 7yr old son rode it for about 1hr without stopping. He mostly ran the bike in 3rd, sometimes down to 2nd for corners, but mostly tractored around in 3rd. The bike pulls strong in 2 and 3rd (especially with a 50# kid on it).

At one point the bike quit running. I thought he stalled it but it took about 20 kicks before it started again (mildly alarmed).

20 minutes of steady riding... it quit again coming up a jump. He just stopped there and I had to roll him back down. After a million kicks I figured something was wrong (I'm slow).

Rolled the bike back to the pit and pulled the plug. No fire. This thing has a cheesey little key switch that I figured was probably screwed up due to all the jarring and jumping. I was right. Got rid of the key switch and it was good to go again.

Later in the day I let my friend's kid (an intermediate 80 rider) run about 10 or 12 laps on it. He rode it hard and jumped everything on the track. The suspension is WAY too stiff for a kid.

After he hammered the bike for 15 minutes....

Flat front tire.

Chain is stretched out like a rubber band.

Chain tensioner roller is TOAST.

Chain slider is worn badly.

Rear spokes are LOOSE.

Right footpeg mount is bent down about 15 degrees from normal.

Oil leaking out of a loose bolt (drain plug?) on the shift lever side under the case. This bolt isn't the regular oil drain... but it was definately engine oil coming out (havn't had time to check it closely).

More observations:

The front end is too high. The front wheel feels way too light in the turns. I'm going to see if I can raise the forks up in the clamps.

I am also going to see if I can soften up the front (any suggestions?) I'll dump the fork oil and put in less oil.

I'm going to let as much of the preload off the rear as I can to try and soften it. Maybe look into a softer spring. (any suggestions?)

I bought new tires for it. The front is a 60/100-12 which has MUCH less sidewall than the 12 X 3 that came from China. This thing was a BEAST to install. It won't seat well on the rim so it has a sligh 'hop' in it. (any suggestions?)

Overall It still looks like a good bike for the money!

That's it for tonight... got to shop for parts!

well...... think about it

Flat tire - no problem

bent peg mount - $80 bucks for HD replacement

Stretched chain - EVERY factory installed chain stretches out (maybe not this bad) replacement Renthal 420 - $30

Chain slider - wear item will buy a better quality

Loose spokes - new spokes get loose..... no problem

Key switch - replace with momentary kill switch $10

So..... If I spend another $200 to replace the "cheap" stuff, I've got a good bike for a good price :cry:

So..... If I spend another $200 to replace the "cheap" stuff, I've got a good bike for a good price :cry:

So far! This is just one persons experience. :cry:

looking for another update before I buy one. Anything change since your last review?

Thanks!

FWIW, I am listening, too. I plan on getting mini's for myself and my sons, so I am intereted to hear how the quality of these Chinese things stacks up...

Handlebars are nice, not like cheap BMX bars. The cross bar is attached with clamps like Renthals.

Just curious...there is no such thing as a decent bmx bars with a bolt-on crossbar; they are all welded. What makes these nice? Do you know if they are cro-moly?

hey i was wondering of the rear shock i heard you said it waas very stiff at first! well is it the grey 260mm or is it that blue adjustable one? because i might get that 260mm one and i was seeing if it would be any good for a stock crf50 (what do you think) and how much travel do you think it has? :banghead::banghead::lol::busted: