Sign in to follow this  

Cant find the shifter with my big foot!

I only have about 50 miles on my new 250x but I continue to have a problem finding the shifter. Using a size 11 boot. Stopped into a dealer and saw a beautiful piece which lengthens the shifter arm and has a wider peg. You can buy it in +5, 10 ,15 MM longer. It is a work of art and should be for 69.95. Anyone tried this?

http://store.yahoo.com/motostrano/haadshle.html

levy1,

I wear a size 13 boot and I've been using the Hammerhead +15 on my CRF250X for a couple of months. It is very well made (ought to be for the price) and helps considerably. The other thing to consider is moving your footpegs back. Fastway Evolution pegs in the lowboy position gets you about 1/2 inch.

Regards, br8

What size do you guys suggest for a size 11 foot. The parts counter guy sold me one for a 04 450 saying it was the same for the 250. Does anyone know the difference?

Call Hammerhead Designs directly. They are very helpful. Be careful though, I thought I was ordering just the extended tip for my stock shift lever ($35 or so), but got the whole assembly ($70). Thats okay though - it's trick looking. (And yes, it helps - along with the Fastway pegs)

I wear a size 11 and tried the +10mm offset last year with the stock pegs and felt that it was too far. So I ordered the 0 offset. Now with the fastways going on I am wondering if that will be good or if I am going to go back to the +10.

I am going to go lo-boy. What do you guys think? Any pics?:cry: