Sign in to follow this  

Seat Alternatives?

Looking for a seat replacement, not new foam I don't want to recover another seat + the bolt tabs on my seat 1 is broke, the other is near dead.

No to corbin, no to suzuki gel. Whats left in the picture? Its time to toss it on the visa.

I just purchased an SDG complete seat and I like it, but it fits slightly tight.

Sorry to say, I haven't ridden with it yet though.

Feels real nice sitting in the living room! :cry:

(Pic in my garage).

Duh, oops, meant to say SDG! :cry:

Gyro.. You asked about a whole seat.. and said you were not interested in working an old one... Never the less.... Here is an offer for ya.. :cry:

I have a seat base,, with cut down foam,, and a cover that has a small cut.. It would be good to use,, if you wanted to pick of some stock foam,,,and an aftermarket cover..... You can have the seat base for the price of shipping and a cup of coffee :cry:

So that would get you a good seat base,,,,new foam,,,,,and the cover of choice for about $95USD or so. :cry:

Gyro,

I got the SDG tall seat(abount an inch higher) . 150$CND at cycle world.

They also make the same hight seat as the stock one.

The seat is stiffer/harder has a realy nice grip cover on it and looks awsome. Once you fit it the first time you will have no issues putting it on later on.

It will take some time to get used to the seat (Its hard) but otherwise its all good. I love mine:thumbsup:

Gyro,

I got the SDG tall seat(abount an inch higher) . 150$CND at cycle world.

They also make the same hight seat as the stock one.

The seat is stiffer/harder has a realy nice grip cover on it and looks awsome. Once you fit it the first time you will have no issues putting it on later on.

It will take some time to get used to the seat (Its hard) but otherwise its all good. I love mine:thumbsup:

That is generous of you Bronco. :cry:

I read that Moose makes an entire seat also. BigBob raved about it (what ever happened to BigBob?) It may be the same as the SDG seat. TT sells the moose.

Deman - How do you like the SDG quality? How is the tall seat?

Moose and SDG tall seats are identical except the logo.

I like my seat. It IS easier to transfer into the standing position.I belieave It also made the transaction at the tank smoother so you can go farther front. Some mods I regret (would buy something different) that one I don't. I would buy it again.:cry:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WwDvAooaL6u3uYx7DOLD7XS0aNJP27nrh3rr8NQA7ThJPaUeXtxB5hp4oWwKnHxxXh!KCXHYebsRqwTRT9Ka!1mWUweTEaxEUeyphFT2M5*w8IpDSZKStQAY2vsKaFnyHg*4ildCMx4/August%202nd%202004%20002.jpg

BigBob convinced me to go the way of the Moose seat and i am really happy with it. It was a tough fit because of my IMS 4.2 tank but once i got it on it is great. It has a non slip cover and is about an inch or so higher than stock but much firmer. I got it for about $70.