Helmet Cams? Anybody!

Does anybody have any advice on an affordable helmet camera?

I would like something that just get's the job done. A mic would be cool but not needed. Need to catch the Looped bike, high sides and come up short stuff on video to laugh about while we heal!

Type in Helmetcamera on Ebay.

Remember you need a cam corder with analog video in to record to.

Look for a Canon ZR10 on Ebay you can get them for around $150

Has all the features you need. You may want to look into a bigger battery for it, the stock unit is good for about an hour or record time.

I agree with Quadracer... The Lanc remote is PRICELESS!!!! I have a helmetcam.com set up. The remote control turns the video camera on and off, it starts and stops all with an LED that tells you everything, saves batteries and you can record what you want. The best money I've spent in a long time. I won't use the helmet camera with out it.. I also bought the remote at helmetcam.com

Dan

So how does it work? Is there a small harddrive storage device on the camera? I'm just confused where it saves the information to.

A Helmet camera is just a remote lens for your camcorder, this confuses a lot of guys.

You take the remote lens, and connect it to your CAMCORDER via the video in port.

And yes LANC is priceless, I don't think I'd use my H-cam 1/2 as much if I didn't have one.

Rod

The FRY's model is only 45 degree viewing angle where most others are 90 degrees. You don't get as much view from side to side. Also, it takes longer (1-2 seconds) to adjust for different lighting. It has a lux rating of 3.0. Where my 480 res is .1 lux. Going from bright light to low light in the shade/trees it needs time to adjust.

For the economy budget style, it works fine. It will get you started without spending a lot of money.

Oh ya, buy the AA battery holder at FRY's. They are $2.00. Other companies that sell helmet cams charge $7-$9.....rip off!!

PM me if you want/need more info putting it all together.