Sign in to follow this  

DirtRider 250cc Shootout

Anyone catch the DirtRider 250cc shootout tonight on OLN?

I'm sure we all love our Hondas, but that sure seemed like a very biased review. I'm sure the other bikes are very close in performance, yet they spent most of the show on the Honda. Hondas have also been on the last few covers of the magazine too. Yeah, the Honda is awesome, but I'm just starting to feel like they own the magazine.

Thoughts?

PS Why didn't they include the KTM? KTM doesn't advertise in DirtRider?

I watched it and (even though I own a Honda) it did seem like they talked an awful lot about the CRF250 compared to the others. Still a decent show...

:cry:

red is :cry:

yeah they make some great bikes--and some not so great bikes...but the way that company goes about marketing itself reeks.

:cry:

red is :cry:

yeah they make some great bikes--and some not so great bikes...but the way that company goes about marketing itself reeks.

Please elaborate. I've never felt like Honda's marketing was in any way bad. How can a commercial with Mike LaRocco riding with a bunch of kids be bad?

Dirt rider is the only magazine that has multiple people with different abilities testing the bikes.

If Honda owns DR why did the CR250 come in last in the 250 shootout?

Why did the CR125 come in last for tha last 3 yrs?

I thought it was pretty good, anytime I can watch a dirtbike show and my wife watches it with me it must be good. :cry:

I thought it was pretty good, anytime I can watch a dirtbike show and my wife watches it with me it must be good. :cry:
Agreed! I've got my wife asking things like "why does one bike a big fat pipe and the others have little skinny ones?". She's all into the supercross this year and just as bummed as I am that Bubba broke his arm.

yea.. even though im a yz250f fan they seemed like it was mostly the honda they talked about. they had some stuff on yamaha also. but as far as kawasaki and suzuki goes they werent ever really even mentioned :cry: i enjoyed watching them ride, more then the actual shoot out itself. just the sound of the four stroke mx bike had me daydreaming of the day when i get mine :cry::cry: :cry: :cry: