Sign in to follow this  

SM 320mm?

Is a big rotor with just a relocation bracket worth it?

Or should i look for a kit that I will be able to up grade later?

I really don't plan on racing, but I still ride hard enough to need just a little more:D

Bah, go with the upgraded caliper if you want to be happy and find a used master cylinder from a sport bike.

I run a 320mm MotoMaster rotor with the stock caliper and I'm perfectly happy with this setup. Sure, a fancy caliper and master cylinder would be cool....but do you really need it on the street? I guess it all depends on how much money you have, but the notion that you have to have an upgraded caliper and master cylinder to be happy is ridiculous.

Get steel lines first....That makes a HUGE difference, then if you need more, get a big rotor....

I used steel lines and a standard size Wave rotor...feels like sportbike brakes!:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm using the stock rotor now with a ss line, I had the motomaster race kit, it was nice, but as GCVT said, its not needed for street use. I was thinking of trying the braking 280mm wave rotor with relocator bracket if the stock rotor really sucks.

I think the 320 mm rotor with relocation bracket is the way to go. I have run the stock disc, a 280 mm disc and the 320 mm disc-all with steel lines and EBC HH pads. For the street and even some racing the 320 mm disc with stock caliper not only performs great, but is plenty of brake for all situations. The other set ups are seriously lacking in comparison.

My Duke has a full four piston caliper to boot. The 320 with stock caliper on the DRZ comes close to matching that performance.

In additon to Moto Master and Braking, I recommend the EBC 320-works great for me, and I have tried many different set ups. You can always add the caliper later. :cry:

Mike