Sign in to follow this  

'05 WR250F Rad guards/braces

Looking into picking up a set of radiator guards and braces for my '05.

I have read that with the smaller tank, the '05 now uses the YZ shrouds.

I've also read that the shrouds are unchanged from '04.

The smaller tank makes the first one make sense, but the WR having the larger radiators makes the second one make sense....

Sooo......

Can anyone confirm whether or not radiator guards made for the '03/'04 WR will fit the '05 WR?

Check out Flatlands Racing website. They have the same product number listed for 2001 to 2005 WR250s and YZ. Give them a call and confirm with them. They are great for customer service.

I have had a set of them for the last 3 years and they have held up great even after some hard drops on rocks. If I go to an 05 WR I will take them off my 03 and get a few more years out of them.

Flatlands is the way to go in my opinion. I was hoping to move my rad guards from my 01 to 05. but they list a different number. 01-04 WR guards are not the same as 05 WR guards. They are the same as 01-05 YZF guards according to Flatlands site. I wonder if they made radiator narrower this year.:cry: Oh well, I have to get a new a GPR mount too. More shiny stuff on new bike is good:D :cry:

http://flatlandracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FR&Category_Code=12-yam

Wow.. that's even more confusing. Some manufacturers list the same for '01 to '05 WR, but Flatland does indeed list a different one for '05.

From what I have been reading about the '05 WR250F, it uses the same size rads as the '01-'05 YZ250F which are smaller than the older WR rads. I think this is why Flatland guards designed for the YZF's will fit the '05 WRF. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, cause I need to buy a pair also.

I think this is why Flatland guards designed for the YZF's will fit the '05 WRF. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, cause I need to buy a pair also.

This should be correct. I was checking at the dealer today and he pulled it up on the parts list and the part numbers for the radiators are indeed the same for the YZ and WR.

Though it was downsized from last year, the WR still has a larger tank than the YZ (which was further downsized this year), and the shrouds are NOT the same, so we can't use YZ graphics kits or plastic.

I have used the same Devol radiator braces on a 01 WR, 03,04,05 YZ, and the frame mounting holes have been the same. But the lower shroud mounting holes have changed. I attach the lower shroud to the radiator brace with a heavy duty tie wrap. This method looks as sano as screws and it allows the shroud to flex in a crash, and not break, and it also transfers the crash load to the radiator brace and not the radiator , which could possibly distort the radiator.

I've the Flatlands ordered. They're definitely the best, I had them on my '01, before it was stolen, and they survived some serious hits. :cry: