Sign in to follow this  

04 450 main jet

does anyone know what main jet to run with a Yosh trs system i pulled my plug the other day and the plug was light brown and glazed with blisters or do i need to go to a 9 plug instead of the 8 the motor and jetting is stock

No clue, but you might call Yosh and ask them. On my PC pipe i went from 175 to a 178, I'm not sure if it really needs it, but it seems to run pretty good untill I get up in altitude, gets too rich.

I have an '04 and went from the stock 170 to a 172 when I put a Big Gun slip-on system on, removed the backfire screen and opened up the airbox. The '04 has a leaner main jet than earlier models. I made the mistake of buying a 177 and 179 before I realized the service manual avaliable here online was for an '02 and the jets are different.

Doesn't the 04 come with a 165 main stock? If so, that seems a bit rich for just a pipe change.

THANKS FOR THE LINK TO THE YOSH WEB SITE I EMAIL THEM AND I'M WAITING FOR A REPLY IT SEEM THE JET IS A BIT LEAN I'LL SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY THANK FOR THE ALL INPUT :cry: