Sign in to follow this  

polini?

anyone knows anything about polini mini bikes? my son has a 04 x3r and he tears it up every time he rides it. it always has some kind of coolant and oil leak,bolts come loose and fall off, frame cracks, plastics fly off, i have to go over the whole bike to tighten every bolt after each moto. my son is too short for a 65cc. i want to burn the bike in my driveway!!!

Here's a couple of places to start:

www.polinitalk.com

www.ktmtalk.com Go the mini's section, "other makes".

FYI- All of the 50cc race bikes are a PITA. However, you may well find that the KTM or Cobra's might be a better choice. KTM due to KTMtalk and parts availablity, and Cobra's because of their unbeatable customer support.

Keep it fun for the little guy... :cry:

Do yourself a favor and get a 65cc motocross bike. If your son can ride an XR 80, he can ride a 65. Money wise, I think they are about the same. Kawasaki used to make 2 different 65's. One was the biginner model, actually the one they had for the last 15 years or so and the other was released a few years ago, but is taller and updated.

If he is too short, you can cut the seat foam and lower it down a little. Or he can use blocks to get going. Hell, Carmichael even cut the seat of his 450 last year because of his height! That's what I did with my sons Cobra a few years ago. He's got he clutch/gear thing down, a 50 would be a step backwards and he would be bored.

Good luck!