Sign in to follow this  

What is Millikan

I saw a post on another web site... Someone asking about Millikan(sp), they wondered how it was, no one had answered yet. So I thought maybe someone here would know, then I could post it for them on the other site... Thanks in advance!!!:cry::cry:

Ahh, Millican. My home away from home! I'm riding Four Corners tomorrow...Anyone else?

Dan

Millican is in the high desert south of Prineville and east of Bend. Great soil lots of single track up high in the sage and Juniper. Awesome views. This is the time of year to ride Millican. In the summer it can be quite dusty. Four corners is the staging area right in the middle of Millican Plateau (the corner of Millican hwy and Reservoir rd). To get there from Portland take hiway 26 all the way to prineville. Head east (shortly) out of prineville toward Redmond and take a left on George Millican rd. This will eventually intersect with Reservoir rd. Take a left on Reservoir and the staging area is on your right. Trail maps are right there. Enjoy. North Millican and South Millican are two other areas immediately to the south of the plateau but are closed this time of year.