Sign in to follow this  

Ca. Red Sticker ?

This Is My First Post On Tt & I Know I'm Posting This Thread In The

Wrong Place, But Hey, I'm A Beginner. I Am Wondering If There Is Any Opinions On The Idea Of A Yellow Sticker. I Feel We Should Only Pay Half Of Registration Fees For Red Stickers Since We Can Only Ride 6 Mos. Of The Year. But The Idea Occurred To Me, I Myself & I'm Sure Many Others Would Be Willing To Pay Double Fees ( Yellow Sticker) In Order To Ride Yearround. Is There Any Input On Who I Or We Can Contact In This State To Bring This Or A Similar Idea To The States Attention. Just Thinking Speaking Their Language $$$$ May Spark Something.

Cool idea, but it doesn't have anything to do with how much we pay. It's based on the bikes not being able to meet California emissions standards.

We can't exactly ride 6 months out of the year with a red sticker.

Some OHV's open on December 1 and close on January 31, others open in October and close in March, still others open in September and close in May, and still others have no red-sticker restrictions.

It would be easier to put the pressure on the manufacturers instead of the state... but the manufacturers ARE responding. The '05 WR450F is green, and the CRF...X series bikes are green. The '06 WR250F is expected to be green.

a buddy of mine at work said that they're probably going to do away with the reg/green sticker thing, as they have almost no way to regulate it... Anyone know anything about this?

a sales guy at the local Stealership says the same thing but I can't find anything on it.

:cry:

a buddy of mine at work said that they're probably going to do away with the reg/green sticker thing, as they have almost no way to regulate it... Anyone know anything about this?

a sales guy at the local Stealership says the same thing but I can't find anything on it.

:cry:

They've already PUNTED once - '97 to '02 on the green sticker.

I don't know ANYONE that has got a ticket for sticker violation! And I really doubt you would unless you didn't have ANY sticker or were riding in a closed area, no sparkey....or failed the "attitude" test with a Ranger. :cry:

ANYBODY KNOW OF SOMEONE GETTING CITED?:cry:

...ANYBODY KNOW OF SOMEONE GETTING CITED?:cry:
I've seen people asked to leave a park (Gorman) by rangers for riding a red sticker bike during green sticker season.

I've seen people asked to leave a park (Gorman) by rangers for riding a red sticker bike during green sticker season.

My buddy was at Gorman, in August at 6am on a week day morning and a ranger snuck up on him while he was working on his '04. The ranger said he was lucky that he didn't catch him riding because he would have written him a $250 ticket! Gorman is a total bust for red stickers and loud pipes.

Last year some kids in a truck with bikes turned around at the ranger station (which was unusually manned) at the request of the ranger while we were waiting right behind them for some time. I asked the ranger what was going on and he told me the guys in front of us had illegimate green stickers. I asked how he knew and he said they ran the green sticker numbers and they didn't match the VIN's :cry:

So their "investment" in that 1999 '80 didn't pay off that trip.

I'm surprised they just turned them around and let them go with that violation.

qadsan,

where were you riding when these kids got turned around. i need to stay away from that area. the area that i ride rarely checks for the validity of the stickers. they are a little more interested in the spark arrestor, which is fine with me.

We were just sitting in line at the Gorman entrance ranger station when this happened. The kids were turned around at the ranger station and I was curous why, so I asked the ranger and that's what he told me. I rarely ever see the entrance manned, except for when we're leaving.