Sign in to follow this  

decibel level after all Gordon mods

Guys,

I have all Gordon mods done on my 00 XR250 (all 4 holes in exhaust tip), and was wondering if anyone out there has done a sound level test. If so, how many db's am I putting out?

Also, rejetted to 135 main. How many turns out do you find best on the fuel screw??? Do I have to up the pilot jet to 48???

THANKS!

Roger

I'm not sure on the sound I would guess under 100, someone here should know.

I think the fuel screw should be about 1-3/4 turns out, basically 1/8 to 1/4 turn out past max idle.

Leave the pilot and the needle clip alone.

I am 3.75 turns out until smooth acceleration.

That sounds too far out. Should I up the pilot?

That thing has got to be over 100 db. Lovin it, but it is LOUD. Anyone with the mods had the sound police check them?

I am 3.75 turns out until smooth acceleration.

That sounds too far out. Should I up the pilot?

That thing has got to be over 100 db. Lovin it, but it is LOUD. Anyone with the mods had the sound police check them?

My '03XR250 runs best with a 135 main, 48 pilot, and the needle clip up one from stock (lean). As far as you have the fuel screw out, I would up the pilot one.

2000 XR400, all Gordon mods done, stock exhaust with 3 1/4" holes in the tip.

It was 92db tested by the BLM last year at their open sound test. :cry:

I had slapped my stock exhaust on summer of 03 and was tested for a ride. 4 1/4" holes drilled in the end cap. Tons of engine mods. Tested at 94db.......so 92 to 94db on the 400 sounds about right, I'm sure the 250 isn't much different.

'03 XR4 with all the Gord's Mods, (4) 7/16" holes where drilled and I got pulled over and tested after the last harescramble - 90.2 db.

Since then I've gone to the Bajadesign XR4 sparket arrestor tip and it has to be near 100 db now.