Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R... help please

I am having a tough time jetting this bike for some reason. I am running 92 octane pump fuel with a WB Aluminum race pipe, I removed the filter screen and run a WB or UNI air filter and the JD jet kit. I have the Red needle in the 5th clip position with a 172 and before I removed the screen it felt super rich in the higher RPMs and had a bad bog off the bottom, so I took the screen out and it starts great now (1st kick when it is cold...) and the bog off of the bottom is now gone and the throttle is very crisp, but at about 1/2 throttle and up it feels like it is bogging out? Anyone have any ideas?

Dave

I live in Arizona and my elevation is roughly 1100, and my temps are 65-70 as of late, and will get up in the 110's come summer time.

Thanks

Dave

Ok Thanks James. I do have one more question for now. When I got the WB Aluminum pipe it came with a 150 MJ. Stock is a 160? Is there a reason they would send a leaner jet with a pipe? I have always thought that adding a pipe = more air flow and it could breath which = more fuel is needed to compensate...

Thanks

Dave

Running dyno tests usually result in leaner jetting. The bike may rev good, but will lose torque in real riding conditions. The #150 is too small, but would not harm anything.

James.