Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF250R Exhaust Debate

Okay guys, I am getting conflicting information. I have heard that White Bros is changing their pipe for 05, they are not happy with the 04 version pipe on the 05 bike. And, I have talked to Dr D, who say that the testing done with their 04 pipe on an 05 bike is good and they will not be changing. Here is my question...for those of you with a 2005 CRF250R and the DR D exhaust - are you happy with the performance gain, and is it a low-to-mid pipe with a little more overrev than stock, as per the tech at Dr D? I just want to confirm this information from someone other than a Dr D employee. Thanks in advance!

Thanks, but that chart was for the 04 engine and I understand the 05 is different. I was after information regarding only the 2005 performance difference. Thanks though.

if you want low end response by the dubach system ,if you want to make some more noise and add a bout 1 peak hp and a little mid range by the yosh ,fmf,wb,and a whole bunch of others there all so close to the same it doesnt matter if you want to make midrange and top end to the tune of over 3 more peak hp put a CHM SM1 on your bike i dont work for CHM i say this because the pipe works on the dyno and on the track also it helped a team to win the amatuer nationals on a mildly tuned crf 250 against the most hyly tuned 250s in the nation @ the spring feild nationals it flat out motored every thing .titanium belongs inside of race engines .

I would really like to test the PC Ti-4 vs the CHM SM1 systems and see some dyno charts...

Ron's reply leads me to believe the SM1 would smoke it on the dyno and on a ride test...

I rode a CRF250 with the PC system and thought it was fantastic.

Has anyone posted a ride review of the SM1 yet and compared it with the PC Ti-4?

Thanks for the insight RHC that's cool!

I would really like to test the PC Ti-4 vs the CHM SM1 systems and see some dyno charts...

Ron's reply leads me to believe the SM1 would smoke it on the dyno and on a ride test...

I rode a CRF250 with the PC system and thought it was fantastic.

Has anyone posted a ride review of the SM1 yet and compared it with the PC Ti-4?

Thanks for the insight RHC that's cool!

I have not ridden a PC unit....but I can tell you that compared to my FMF Ti F4 powerbomb system, the SM1 is smoother and torquier from the midrange on up. The FMF "hits" more in the midrange, but I can use the SM1 power more effectively because it does not require the clutch work that the FMF does, if you fall below the point of "hit" in the power.

Basically the FMF takes longer to come "on" and does so with hit, where as the SM1 comes on sooner and fatter, and stays on to the rev limiter. I can't wait to get the 2005 head on the bike with a J&E higher compression piston...if my new head ever gets off of backorder that is :cry::cry:

...if my new head ever gets off of backorder that is :cry::cry:

i am sure that cm67yz or tcrf361 will give you some head if you need it! :cry::cry:

isn't anyone curious about that new FMF "bulge" header pipe coming out?? I am.

Not until someone independent tests it....

i am sure that cm67yz or tcrf361 will give you some head if you need it! :cry::cry:

Now Now I thunk this was a G rated forum???