Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop 756...

I am the only one that got the 756 on their 250? :cry:

I didn't know they put them on stock - I ain't complain'n.

I got the 756 on the rear, and the 742 on the front from the factory.

I immediatly changed the front to 756 also, due to the soft

tracks in south florida.

Seems to work well. Although I may go to the 755 on the rear

when the 756 needs replacing.

I got the 756 rear and 742 front. I hate 'em both and will be switching soon. Now all I need to do is decide what to buy?

I got the 756 rear and 742 front. I hate 'em both and will be switching soon. Now all I need to do is decide what to buy?

For anything but hard pack....the Michelin M12 is a very hooked up tire...I like them alot.

I prefer the 756 up front by far...it makes the bike handle so much more predictable and less push in the type of dirt I ride...soft loam, sandy mix, loose clay base....:cry:

I'm sell'n (sold) my stock rear wheel to crfmess and was think'n 'bout just leaving the rear on 'till I noticed what it was last night! I'm like uhhh... hell no - I'm keep'n that momma!

I like both the 756 and the 742, but I am going to try out a bridgestone 401 90/100/21 front and a 402 rear.

I really like the 401/402 combo the 201/202 work well in soft conditions. The 202 rear hold up nice in rocks too.

Although I may go to the 755 on the rear

when the 756 needs replacing.

Just for reference, I went from a 756 to a 773 on the rear of my XR400. It worked really well in sand and soft stuff.

For anything but hard pack....the Michelin M12 is a very hooked up tire...I like them alot.

I prefer the 756 up front by far...it makes the bike handle so much more predictable and less push in the type of dirt I ride...soft loam, sandy mix, loose clay base....:cry:

I've been pretty close to going with an M12 rear and S12 front. I'm not opposed to a 756 front though. I ride mostly hard packed, cement-style dirt so what would the recommended combo be for that type of terrain?

Not much hardpack here but I would think the 742 would work pretty good for that. You definately don't want the 756 for hardpack, it's got tall, widely spaced knobs for soft terrain.

If you like the 756 you would absolutely love the 773(especially in the front), its a night and day difference to a 756.:cry:

If you like the 756 you would absolutely love the 773(especially in the front), its a night and day difference to a 756.:cry:

The 773 is for softer/sand correct? I would be skeered that it will be worthless on the semi hard pack we develop in certain areas. We really have a wide mix of terrain on the local tracks, leaning towards the true intermediate, but occasional deep and soft (short term) and occasional true hard pack with a loose cover...

I thought you said you ride soft terrain. But the 773 will hook up awesome on hard - pack also, it will only last about 3 hours but it will hook up good. It's a really soft tire so its gonna hook up on anything, but it won't last on the intermediate-hard stuff.

I've been doing some OL shopping and the S12 front is $64.95 from motosport.com and it's $49.95 from Rockymountainmc.com. The M12 rear is $69.95 from motosport.com and it's $54.95 from Rockymountainmc.com.

Even after paying shipping, Rockymountain is cheaper. I haven't found cheaper tires anywhere.

the michelin starcross tires are by fare the best tires i ever bought and they last, even on my 450 the MH2 kept a sharp edge for a month, and i ride every weekend and 3-5 times a week.

One of my riding buddies says those things are great, but you can't get the rear in an 18 last time I checked though. So, if you have an off-road type bike you are SOL. :cry:

I thought you said you ride soft terrain. But the 773 will hook up awesome on hard - pack also, it will only last about 3 hours but it will hook up good. It's a really soft tire so its gonna hook up on anything, but it won't last on the intermediate-hard stuff.

*mostly* soft in wintertime, but in summer...it starts soft, gets ultra tacky, then ends up baked hard :cry: at the end of the day...I need the best all around tire I can get with decent life.

Come to think of it my buddy tried a 773 on his 450, on the medium hard stuff, it died in one day of riding...I think even the 756 lasted longer in those conditions. :cry: