Dunlop 756...

I got the 756 on the rear, and the 742 on the front from the factory.

I immediatly changed the front to 756 also, due to the soft

tracks in south florida.

Seems to work well. Although I may go to the 755 on the rear

when the 756 needs replacing.

I got the 756 rear and 742 front. I hate 'em both and will be switching soon. Now all I need to do is decide what to buy?

For anything but hard pack....the Michelin M12 is a very hooked up tire...I like them alot.

I prefer the 756 up front by far...it makes the bike handle so much more predictable and less push in the type of dirt I ride...soft loam, sandy mix, loose clay base....?

For anything but hard pack....the Michelin M12 is a very hooked up tire...I like them alot.

I prefer the 756 up front by far...it makes the bike handle so much more predictable and less push in the type of dirt I ride...soft loam, sandy mix, loose clay base....?

I've been pretty close to going with an M12 rear and S12 front. I'm not opposed to a 756 front though. I ride mostly hard packed, cement-style dirt so what would the recommended combo be for that type of terrain?

If you like the 756 you would absolutely love the 773(especially in the front), its a night and day difference to a 756.?

If you like the 756 you would absolutely love the 773(especially in the front), its a night and day difference to a 756.?

The 773 is for softer/sand correct? I would be skeered that it will be worthless on the semi hard pack we develop in certain areas. We really have a wide mix of terrain on the local tracks, leaning towards the true intermediate, but occasional deep and soft (short term) and occasional true hard pack with a loose cover...

I thought you said you ride soft terrain. But the 773 will hook up awesome on hard - pack also, it will only last about 3 hours but it will hook up good. It's a really soft tire so its gonna hook up on anything, but it won't last on the intermediate-hard stuff.

I've been doing some OL shopping and the S12 front is $64.95 from motosport.com and it's $49.95 from Rockymountainmc.com. The M12 rear is $69.95 from motosport.com and it's $54.95 from Rockymountainmc.com.

Even after paying shipping, Rockymountain is cheaper. I haven't found cheaper tires anywhere.

the michelin starcross tires are by fare the best tires i ever bought and they last, even on my 450 the MH2 kept a sharp edge for a month, and i ride every weekend and 3-5 times a week.

One of my riding buddies says those things are great, but you can't get the rear in an 18 last time I checked though. So, if you have an off-road type bike you are SOL. ?

I thought you said you ride soft terrain. But the 773 will hook up awesome on hard - pack also, it will only last about 3 hours but it will hook up good. It's a really soft tire so its gonna hook up on anything, but it won't last on the intermediate-hard stuff.

*mostly* soft in wintertime, but in summer...it starts soft, gets ultra tacky, then ends up baked hard ? at the end of the day...I need the best all around tire I can get with decent life.

Come to think of it my buddy tried a 773 on his 450, on the medium hard stuff, it died in one day of riding...I think even the 756 lasted longer in those conditions. ?