Sign in to follow this  

Some honda guys are downright mean!!!

anyone been reading in the cr450 forum? Look under that one post of the guy saying goodbye to honda in favor of a KTM. Some of them guys are downright pissed that someone would leave the "club" for a KTM :cry:

LOL. They must have been feeling insecure about their CRF's now that the RM-Z's are out and had to dig up a year old post to bash on KTM.:cry: I personally liked the post that said the KTM's aren't nearly the quality of that japanese bikes. Get me some of whatever that guy is smoking!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah. I noticed that too.

Rather than ask and find out to HELP the guy - they just turn their backs and act like "ok, fine, we're still god, you're not now".

So stupid.

Someone says they don't like KTM, I"m fine with that. I'll ask why, and see if I can't change thier mind. I'll post facts and only facts.

My buddy knew a buddy who knew an uncle who owned a KTM back in 1777, and it was a POS!!! KTM'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Never buy a KTM. GO HONDA!

:cry: You guys don't like KTM, fine, I'm ok with that - but don't taint their name with STUPID comments and unfounded sayings. At least KTM didn't have a crapload of valves fail, then tell their buyers "You were supposed to adjust them every 15 hours, it's routine maintenance!" :cry:

I've got a buddy that would only ride red. There is nothing else that he would even consider looking at. I've allways found that type of person amusing. :cry:

when you can't afford the best(ktm) your stuck with the rest.Yeah ktm's are a little more spendy but righfully so.They come with so much more,plus ktm doesnt want a bunch of poser retards riding their bikes,they left that to honda,yamaha,kawasaki and suzuki. :)

when you can't afford the best(ktm) your stuck with the rest.Yeah ktm's are a little more spendy but righfully so.They come with so much more,plus ktm doesnt want a bunch of poser retards riding their bikes,they left that to honda,yamaha,kawasaki and suzuki. :)

That used to be the case. The new CRF450X MSRP is $7000.My 525 was $7050.

That used to be the case. The new CRF450X MSRP is $7000.My 525 was $7050

It's actually worse than that. The new MSRP for the 450X is $7199.00, which is similar to the 450 EXC.

I ride mostly Dual Sport rides and I have to say that the Orange bikes are the majority of the bikes on these rides. Not too bad even when the manufacture doesn't think its a bike for long rides. I have had a new KTM every year for 5 years... My first bike was an xr400 and I thought it was the best thing in the world as long as you stayed away from soft sand.

Before the 2001 year RFS bikes, KTM earned its share bad names, like kick till Monday, Kick ten minutes,exc.

KTM has refined their bike so much year to year, I can't wait for the next year.

I owned a 2004 crf250x for 4 months. For a bike of the year bike, I thought it rode very loose, could not pull hard for very long and I was dissapointed.

I bought a 2004 200 exc and I have to say that it is more fun than the big four strokes for trail riding.

If people can not figure out that KTMs are great. Screw them. Let them ride any bike that makes them happy and they will never know what they are missing.

Dale

I don't really get why people are so brand loyal. Sure some bikes are better then other and all bikes will have some kind of problem sometime. Ive got a yamaha and a KTM and like them both. My friend that I ride with lives and breaths Honda and wouldn't even look at any other bike when he got a new bike last year. You should just be happy you have a bike to ride. Thats how I look at it.

If you are hung up on 1 brand bike and will not even talk to someone with another brand bike VEARY GOOD CHANCE YOU ARE A RED NECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or a HICK!!!!!

Just like thoes sticker that say " I'd rather push my chevy than drive a ford" god that is just so stupid.

If someone gave me a Yamaha, I'd ride it and love it. If someone gave me a Honda, I'd ride it and definitely love it.

But, when it's my money I'm spending, I'm buying KTM.

Now, street bikes - that's anohter story - Honda, Honda Honda. They fit and feel so much better to me - and that's why I swear by them - off the street, I don't care for them much though.

I own both, 04 450exc and a 04 CRF 250X. Stand them side by side and the question is answered! KTM hands down is by far a much better quality bike out of the crate then Honda.

I'm with you guys, I went blue to get a light strong 250 four stroke and KTM didnt have one. This is probably temporary because I loved my orange machines. Its weird to ride another color but the Yamaha is a nice bike as well. I feel fortunate just to have a bike to ride.

got to agree with most of you guys... No one brand is the best...

I have a crf250r and I simply hate that bike (rode it only twice and am trying to sell it)

The crf450r rocks sny motocross tracks with its superb suspensions and power; and so does my trusty old wr400f, its a dream in any trails once you dialed it up properly...

On the road... the suzuki is the beast!!!

Who ever says that only one brand is the best, have to be an idiot!

:):)

The most important thing is a place to ride the "Greens" or Government can't take away. :)

I have had good luck with several Honda two strokes. (4 CR125's, 3 CR250's). It think KTM learned from Jap bike mistakes over the years. I really like my current KTM's (250exc rfs, 125sx). I would be happy with my first 1986 cr125 and a place to ride compared to the current situation.

Current stable

04-KTM250exc rfs

04-KTM125sx

96-CR125

and all areas within 100 miles shut down for riding. :) as of Feb 05.

I just think Honda has stronger marketing.

bend