Sign in to follow this  

My new thumper

It's a 2004 CCM DS Trail

It's my first move away from road bikes (my previous bike was an Aprilia Caponord)

So far I'mm loving it, the build quality is very good and the standard stuff is top spech (WP front and rear, mikuni carbs, remus pipe etc)

It weighs 137kg (no sommersaults then :cry: ) and puts out a claimed 53bhp.

It's comfortable on the road with very little vibration

It uses the engine from a XF Freewind but has been re-tuned etc

I'm really enjoying the freedom it gives me to continue where the road ends, up into the mountains round here

Now I just need some more off-road experience :cry:

ccm_5_sml.jpg

ccm_6_sml.jpg

ccm_12_sml.jpg

ccm_13_sml.jpg

ccm_16_sml.jpg

ccm_19_sml.jpg

Thats A First For Me,Its Not Raining:p

Every Time I Go To Wales Its Always Raining Cats And Dogs.

Nice Looking Bike.

Thanks Oliwally

The rain thing in Wales in a myth, mind you I'm just south of the Brecon Beacons, north of them seems to see much colder and wetter weather ?

I got it good here, we haven't seen any snow yet (apart from a tiny bit Christmas day that didn't settle) and it's not rained here for about two weeks

Beautiful Bike! Where is it made? Over here in North America, CCM is top-of-the-line hockey gear...

The Caponord is no slouch for mild off-road work either.

Cool ride...old and new!

Scott

SoCal, USA

It's British built

They have a long history in off-road bikes, but more recently have struggled, they went belly up about six months ago but have been bought by another company.

It's a real shame that the chequered past tarnishes thier image and puts some off buying.

I was willing to take the risk as I got mine at a very low price, the standard spec is top notch and even if they did go to the wall again all the parts can be sourced elsewhere (Polisport plastics, Suzuki engine, Magura bars, Talon hubs, Excel rims, Acumen digital dash etc), it's basically made up from component parts and so far it's proving to be a hoot

The wheels are interchangeable for 17" motard stock, there's a 710cc bore kit available too :cry: .

It's very smooth to ride with a comfortable seat so distance isn't an object (it has a 13 litre tank) but it is highly tuned so the fuel consumption isn't great (a range of about 125 miles) that should hopefully improve when the engine has worn in a little more (currently only got 1300 miles on it)

Issues so far:

The light units shines too much back into my face making riding in the dark unsafe (I can fix that easy)

The side stand bends out fairly easy resulting in it failing to hit the sidestand switch some times, this is probably mainly due to me being a short arse and putting too much weight on the bike as I get on it, again it's easy to put right.

THAT IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have always loved CCM.. Thought their Dual Sports were top shelf...