Sign in to follow this  

Adjust my Carb

I've been told its not that hard to work on my carb on my rmz250, but i'm not really engine savy... wondering what all i have to take off to get to the carb?? Do I disconnect the airbox to do this?? I know this sounds dumb, but I just don't have a clue. all i'm tryin to do is adjust my needle position to the 2nd notch from the top because this is what the pipe i put on calls for. Any help with carb appreciated.. thanks

Follow the manual, very easy. I took off my subframe, air box and all, then unhooked the cables. Then pulled it out, I can't remember if I pulled it from behind or out the side though.

Well the manual shows you take off the tank, but i was told that you do not take the tank off. I was also told it is a 10 minute job.. Is this the case?? thanx

I've been trying to adjust my clip position from bottom of carb, but the more I try I'm thinking I need to open the top of the carb.. is this the case??

Yup I gots it thanks guys.. I was trying to do it with the carb on the bike, and finally snatched it out the side after I got pissed at it. Now if I can just get my throttle cable back right. Hopefully I didn't stretch it too bad ripping it out the left side. now my throttle just wants to kind of stick....