Sign in to follow this  

Michigan riding

hey, what's up fellow MI's. I will be hitting the trails hard this year. Just got a new bike and I want to ride as much as possible. The past few years I've been concentrating on streetbikes, but before that i rode up near mio quite a bit. Also in the UP a little. Anyways, I'd welcome the chance to ride with you guys, more the merrier, and I would like to learn some new trails. Also, if anyone has a wife/gf who is just learning, I do too so I am going to have to do some slow riding this year, and it would be nice if she could find someone to ride with too. Post up when you go if you don't mind having another rider along. Thanks.

A few details: Live near Flint, 30 yrs old, ride a KTM 625, will travel anywhere in the state to ride.

-Jake

Welcome to the board :cry:

Keep an eye on this forum (north Forum). Someone is always posting a ride somewere in Michigan. I myself live on the west side. I ride primarly west of US131 and south of Cadillac. But do get out of that area quite a bit also. I was to the UP 3x last summer to ride.

I have an 8yr old kid that is often with me. So I know what you mean about hte slow rides.

Welcome FJake, I to ride with slow pokes in the summer and having another group of similar skills would be nice. We'll have to have a Fast/Slow ride when the weathers nice enough for the slow pokes. :cry:

I do most of my riding around Mio, got a shack near there. PM me if you're heading up that direction. My wife's idea of a "ride" is 10 miles on a workhorse quad with a 15 minute stop half-way, so I usually leave her home :cry:

My wife and I ride alot and live in Grayling. So PM when you are up this way. And my wife is from MIo so we go that way alot. But we go on almost all of the trails within about a 50 mile radius during the summer. And once a year to some place out of state. So let us know and we ride at almost any speed but the fast kid speed is something of the past.

woooooooo hoooooo welcome yep whatch this forum for rides comming up. the other place to visit is the dirtrider.net web site and look for the michigan trail riders. ill try to shoot you a link here but im in a bit of a hurry right now.

Hey Jake,

You are more than welcome to ride with me and my wife. She started riding last year on a TTR 125L so shes still pretty slow. We go to lots of the CCC events and making new riding friends is always welcome. The CCC is a great group and if you havent checked it out, its the way to go. Were the same age as you so look for a short guy with a beat up looking 01 WR426 and you will probably find me.

Tom

I too am new to the site and have a bunch of buddies that have places a bit north of MIO and we ride hunt creek / mio a lot. If you ever see a bunch of guys on Husky's KTM's and one lonesome 426 that's me! also got a new husaberg in the group this year.

Hope to see you out there early on saturdays, sundays reserved for nascar..... :cry:

Hey I live in Fenton, so I'm right near ya! I also got a new bike (well, last year) and want to do a TON of riding this year. My brother is my only riding buddy and he can't get out too much, so I GOTTA meet up with some folks to ride. Maybe we Flint-area riders can meet up for some caravan and/or truck-pooling on the way to a trail?! I gotta meet somemore riders because if I dont get on my bike more this year than last, I am going to go nuts!

I LOVE riding St. Helen, been to Evart and a few other small trails.

You love St.Helen? I always get lost there. Anyway I'm from Plymouth Twp and I'm in the same boat. I just got my first non-free bike and have been trying to ride as much as possible. So far I've ridden five times this year and I'll be riding this saturday, just not sure where yet but you're all welcome. So far I haven't ridden with any one I didn't like from this site or dirtrider.net. :cry:

You love St.Helen? I always get lost there. Anyway I'm from Plymouth Twp and I'm in the same boat. I just got my first non-free bike and have been trying to ride as much as possible. So far I've ridden five times this year and I'll be riding this saturday, just not sure where yet but you're all welcome. So far I haven't ridden with any one I didn't like from this site or dirtrider.net. :cry:

St. Helen is pretty dang confusing but we set a waypoint with our GPS. We did get lost once for 2 hours when we didnt have it with us. :cry:

I can't ride this weekend but I'm gonna keep an eye on this board, definitely!

Live in Port Huron and I too wanna get up north more this year. Would like to try to hook up with some people from here for a few trips up. I havent done any real riding north in about 15yrs ( yea that makes me an old guy ). Used to ride the St. Helen/West branch area alot back then....love to try some new places. I'll keep my eye on this site and wait for the snow to melt...and my cylinder to get back from the @$#@#@#&$# shop.

Steve :cry: