Sign in to follow this  

Cali emission package

What does the California Emission Package consist of on a 2002 and other late model XR 250s and does it really impact performance? If it is more than just jets, how do I convert to 49 state configuration?

Paul

XR100

XR200

XR250 (someday soon)

CR125 (shifter kart)

I am new to this but i have been reading about the gordon mods at the top of this page. Sounds like a big deal and I believe it deals with getting rid of all the polution BS that robs us of horsepower.

Cali models just get jetted a little leaner. All the other stuff ( snorkel,exhaust,ect.) is the same as any other state. Thank god they don't ptu on a smog pump like they do on street legal dual sports. Ryan

Does your Cali 250 have the same carbon cannister mounted to the frame on the left side, like the 400's do? If so, you can remove that too, and all the hoses attached to it. I'll explain how, if it even applies to you...

I doubt it gives you any performance improvement, but it does clean up the look of the bike a little.

You can "uncork" the intake and exhuast.

Then you NEED to rejet the carb.

All of the details are in Gordon's mods for 400's, but other than the jet sizes, the same procedure applies to 250's. MAR's FAQ will show you what to do with the 250 jets.

As for the canister, I just left it. I don't see it robbing power.