Spring Rate Recommendation needed

My buddy just bought an 05 CRF250. I am going tohelp him set it up for his weight.

He is 6'2 and 190lbs. What spring rate would you recommend? And what is stock?

He will be doing beginner MX and semi agressive trail riding.

i have some springs off my stock CRF450 and was thinking they might be close. (They are .47 front and 5.5 rear)

My buddy just bought an 05 CRF250. I am going tohelp him set it up for his weight.

He is 6'2 and 190lbs. What spring rate would you recommend? And what is stock?

He will be doing beginner MX and semi agressive trail riding.

i have some springs off my stock CRF450 and was thinking they might be close. (They are .47 front and 5.5 rear)

That would be pretty close...that's what I am using and it is great. I am 200lbs without gear. Sag settings are spot on with 100mm of rider sag, I have 22mm of free sag. At 190lbs you are right at the limit for those springs, by the time you add gear, gas, and mud...it should be fine ?

The stocker is a 5.3 rear, and going to a 5.4 is pretty useless if you ask me, it barely makes any difference. Not to mention hard to find that rate!

ok thanks rap. I figured in my head it would be about right. I'll tell him to give my springs a try.

can't beat that... free springs for him. maybe i'll make him buy me some beer. I'm sure I will be doing the work for him anywayz!!