Sign in to follow this  

Mammoth Bar

Anyone ridden' Mammoth Bar in the last few weeks. I know after this week things should change (praying.) I was thinking about heading up on Sunday assuming I get my deathwings off and my new tires installed. I was up in Foresthill doing some snow 4 wheeling in my Yota and it was hell frozen over out there about a week ago...so I'm hoping Mammoth isn't the same. Any clue? Thanks.

Jeff

Sactown

Mammoth bar should be looking real good about now. no snow and any mud is drying up by now. The upper trails are probably tacky and good to go, by sunday the whole place will be perfect. I would almost think about taking friday off to beat the crowds.

besides the tires I would change your S gearing from the stock 15/44 to at least the E dirt gearing of 14/47........I have 13/47 on my S and it goes up those trails like a tractor at MB. ...if you ride on the street some then stay at 14/47 you will still go 60-65 mph high speeds with that. The stock S 15/44 gearing making short n nastry hill climbing more difficult. you need tractor boots to get up an over stuff on the trails and 15/44 don't do so well at climbing up and over and challenging stuff in front of you.

I was out there last sunday and the conditions were good. What I liked this time around is they shut off alot of the park to quads. The outermost hill climb is now fun becuase you dont have to worry about running into a quad. Some puddles here and there.

your avatar looks familar maybe I allready tole you about the gearing if so sorry......I'm getting senile.

I rode the track at MB on Sunday and Monday. Sunday was very muddy, Monday was alot better. With the warm temps that we have had this week, I think the trails will be great.