Sign in to follow this  

05 crf450 or 05 rmz450

is there any truth to suzuki backing the rmz 450 with a warranty outside of the normal out the door out of your pocket? this could sway me from the crf 450 i have a deposit on

harrist.. Well it's not free.. It's through mcgraw insurance.. Two year contract for I think 300 bucks.. Covers anything on the bike pretty much.. I looked through it and can find thing it would NOT cover. I got it and think it's a great thing now adays on any thumper. It's also a very good selling point when u sell the bike.. You can transfer the contract for 25 bucks... Check out mcgraw insurancew or call a dealership they can probably send you the info.. I am worry free about this bike..

I got it on mine too. 2 years, anything goes wrong its covered is what the finance guy said. Well see what happens when something happens. I am thinking I wont be investing invest in Mcgraw Insurance if they are giving full 2 year warranties for MX 4-strokes for a few hunderd bucks...

It added a whopping $3 a month...after I talked them to dealer cost for it. :cry:

I assume "wear" items (sprocket, chain, brake pads, etc.) aren't covered, but would it cover, say, a flat tire? Blown clutch? Broken plastic?

How do they verify the damage? Do you have to take it back to the dealer and have the dealer do all the work?

What's the deductible?

What about theft?

$50 dollar deductable...Covers stuff that is the bike's problem.. A flat tire and broken plastic is your fault.. Top end blows, tranny throws a gear suspension gernades that stuff is covered.. They asked me about theft I did not do it..I think it was extra or something.. I HOPE someone try's to take my bike be cause HE will take care of things hehe

slplayer.jpg

Im not really counting on it covering much... But IF there is a major mechanical problem I will be screaming! They gave me some paperwork on it but I havent looked at it yet.

Still doesnt register completely that I have an extended warranty on my MX bike...

Normally, I laugh off extended warranties and that kind of thing because insurance companies have teams of economists and statisticians on staff to calculate the probabilities that something will pay off -- you can bet your last nickle that they wouldn't sell it unless there were certain to the 99.99% confidence level that they will make money. These are generally the biggest sucker buys out there. Of course, you'll always hear from "cousin Bob" whose extra warranty covered his butt, but you'll never hear from the 99 other friends and relatives who basically flushed their premiums down the toilet.

HOWEVER...this is one case where maybe -- just maybe -- we might know something about first year motocross bikes that the economists and statisticians don't. :cry: From what I'm hearing so far, I think this might be one extended warranty I'd actually buy.

I hope you guys don't need your policies, but if you do, I hope they come through. :cry:

norcal_hoss: I like that plan. While I'm sure it does the the trick, my guess is it costs a bit more than theft coverage. :cry:

Yeah, I agree with you completely! The one and ONLY time I purchased an extended warranty was for our 2000 Ford Windstar and yes, it did pay for itself at least once already! I should have done the same with our nightmare of a Maytag washing machine :cry:

With Ford's rep. for needed repairs, it would almost seen necessary for the warranty and peace of mind but is Suzuki's rep all that bad that the insurance is necessary? I think I'd be looking at other brands if that kind of reliability is soooo questionable especially if you're not positively sure what's covere; maybe just parts and not labor.

whered you come up with that?? and im sure you have nothing to base that on

I have a Helluva lot more to base it on then you do, The RMZ as only been out a month. The CRF's have been out for 4 model years. You cannot possibly know the relibility of the RMZ yet, Or anything else about the bike for that matter.

So please!!! Think before you type!! :cry:

have you ever riddin one??? just because it just came out doesn't mean there all sorts of problems with it. from what i read most of these people prefer the rmz over the honda...so you think before you type

I have a Helluva lot more to base it on then you do, The RMZ as only been out a month. The CRF's have been out for 4 model years. You cannot possibly know the relibility of the RMZ yet, Or anything else about the bike for that matter.

So please!!! Think before you type!! :cry:

Does Best Bike ever made include an extremely small oil capacity, a tendency to overheat at the drop of a hat, and only one championship to it's name with a guy named "Carmichael" riding qualify?

Does Best Bike ever made include an extremely small oil capacity, a tendency to overheat at the drop of a hat, and only one championship to it's name with a guy named "Carmichael" riding qualify?

Does your bike hold more than 1.5 qts of oil? My 01 YZF250 overheated just as bad as my 03&04 CRF. How many championships do other 4 strokes have?

Dont bring Up championships, I dont recall the RMZ doing to good in the championship right now!! Its not the the bike that wins the Championship anyway, Its the rider!!

I have never had my 450 overheat, I guess Im not slow enough.

Extremely small oil capacity?? Last time I checked a MX race bike didnt need 2 quarts of oil to run properly, I dont ride 12hrs straight anyway, so why does the oil capacity really matter??

I dont need to ride an RMZ to make up my mind, Its got a 4 speed trany, USELESS for what I ride, It vibrates alot, Carb is a nightmare to get to, Doesnt have the acceleration, top speed, or vesitility of the CRF.

If it wasnt for honda, where would suzuki be? Knowing that they borowed half of hondas technology.

Im not saying the RMZ is a bad bike, A guy wanted to know some opinions on what bike to choose, I gave my "opinion" I would go with the honda since I own one, and I think its a far for versitile bike.

CRF 450. Best selling dirtbike in the world for 02,03 and 04. End of credibility of story. The fruit is on the tree!

Dirt Bike Mag was testing the RMZ at Piru on Saturday and the testers said the RMZ had a powerband like the 02 CRF. Suspension and handling were good. If the handling and suspension are the same between the two bikes but the RMZ has the 02 CRF powerband, I am all over the 05 CRF.

CRF 450. Best selling dirtbike in the world for 02,03 and 04. End of credibility of story. The fruit is on the tree!

Now theres another option and some new competition. Once the RMZ starts tearing up the nationals, Suzuki is banking there will be plenty of people wanting to ride the yellow big bore.

The CRF is a really nice bike. So is mine.

The bottom line is in a few months youll be picking your way through yellow and red bikes, or getting passed by yellow and red bikes. Its not just red (and blue) anymore.