Sign in to follow this  

Monday morning ride(hemet to Idywild).

Myself and a couple buds are gonna ride from Hemet to Idywild, have lunch (jo anne's place) and return. come one...come all....should be fun.....:cry:

Cranston ranger station off hwy 74.....That is where we popped out on 74 coming from the anza area.....We are continuing the loop...this time with an experienced guide....... :cry: 0800 hours at the cranston ranger station.....see you there. You still have my cell #..?

Sounds like fun. I don't know where the ranger station is though.

It is on hwy 74 on the right side of the road just as you are leaving Hemet headed towards Idyllwild........PM if you need specific directions coming from some place.

So are you guys still going tomorrow? What kind of weather should I expect? Do you think theres going to be snow?

YEP, we will be there in the A.M.......Maybe a little up in Idylwild....I am gonna check the weather and post later.. :cry:

Weather for Monday: Hemet wil have a max temp of 58 deg.

Idyllwild will have a max temp of 45 deg.

The coldest parts will probably be around 40 deg. Clear skies all day.... :cry:

see ya in the Morning........................ :cry:

Traildude,

We live in Nuevo, CA and would love to hook up with you, but work and school are the priorities for tomorrow.

We work something out later.

RH & fam

I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Got an early start, had my coffee and sausage mcmuffin and a big grin. Headed west bound to meet up and get some seat time in.......Out of no where "BRAKE LIGHTS" bam......Completely stopped on the freeway.....Big rig on it's side engulfed in flames....... :cry: Could not even get off the freeway......4 hours later finally get movin!! They had to turn us around on the freeway to get us off. Bad day............ :cry: Sorry guy's hope you had more fun than me..

Snapped a few pics while I was sitting in traffic.

Freeway carnage

Freeway carnage #2

Freeway carnage #3

That sucked. I drove 250 miles and didn't even get to ride. For some reason I thought the ranger station was up by Lake Hemet. I was up there trying to find the ranger station. I finally found out it was at the bottom of the hill. I came in the opposite way through Temecula. I passed you guys at the bottom of the hill, just before the ranger station :cry:. By that time I had been driving for three hours. It took me two just to get to the lake, and another hour driving around up there trying to find the ranger station. I didn't know if you guys saw me or not, so I waited at the ranger station for a little while to see if you came back. I hope you guys had fun. It looked beautiful with the snow and the clouds. Next time I will know where to go. :cry:

Good God you guys, that sounds like it did suck!! Weeeee, I got lost on the way to my first ride with these guys up in the hemet area too. Luckily I was only 30-45 minutes late and was still able to meet up with them.

As for traildude, sucks you didn't even make it to your own ride...haha!

Well that's sorta good because it missed it and since you guys didn't get to ride it, you'll be wanting to go again... :cry: