Sign in to follow this  

Hot Cams - Yet another delay!

So I have been talking back and forth with Hotcams for a while and they have been continuously pushing back their release dates. First it was Oct, then Dec, then I called in the beg of Jan and they said the end of the month. So here it is, early Feb, and I just called and apparently something happened with their design. They had to start all over from scratch and now they are saying they arent going to have a cam released till mid march at the soonest. And the worst part of it is that they are jsut working on a stage 1 cam so if anybody was hoping for a stage 2 it could be quiet a while *IF* they even come out with one.... Ok, I am done venting.... time to call crower and order a cam....

Anyone heard anything about the billet WebCams? Crower seems to be the one so far with 250F cams ready to go....? His webpage is ahh, interesting, to say the least...

Bummer. I was also waiting patiently for one. Got an iCat cause I got tired of waiting for the cam. The iCat works well but really hoped to get a cam in the bike. How much different can it be to design one for a 250 vs. the one they already have for the 450? :cry:

Web is still waiting for there billets to make cams from they have been experamenting with several diferent profiles with different teams and have had some good results i still dont want to test any thing untill i have my springs i dont even have time right now to do any testing i picked up some of my new ti valves today i should have the new intakes by the end of this week .

I spoke with Dan at CrowerPower (866-361-CAMS) several weeks ago as I was doing my CCC setup, and he was pretty excited about some cams he had on hand at that point. I'm interested in experimenting with a new cam after I run the '05 R cam for a while, but I won't be back on the bike until July. Give him a call, he's very accessible and informative.