Sign in to follow this  

Best mid-sized quad?

Can anybody reccomend a quad, In the midsized quad group. It will have to have a Manual clutch, and a four stroke engine between 250 and 350 cc's. What quad has the best suspension, engine, ergonmics etc. out of all the midsized quads?

Why does it have to have a manual clutch?

I have a honda 250 sporttrax, it's great! Plush ride, and scoots pretty good, and i'm no light weight :cry: But it's auto clutch.

Check out the warrior, a few friends have them and they are great. Lots of power, and reverse incase you ever need it.

My friend has a rapter 300/350, I can't remember. I hate quads but this one was'nt bad. If you are short on money you wont find any because they are new but for what it was it was great. Plenty power, 6 speed+R manual, adjustable susp., the works. felt low and wide too.stable.

I can also atest to the new Raptor 350. A close friend has one and it's a great all around machine. Lots of fun everywhere we ride.

Warrior is a great time and toil proven machine. Great for a quad in the range of 350cc. 4-stoke quads are pretty easy to put-around on as well as rip up my trails :cry: so a 400EX would be adequate as well.

~Cheers

Jeff

The Warrior is a couch. Comfortable seat, decent handling, ok power.

The 300EX is sportier, more fun than the Warrior. Better chassis/suspension, less torque, snappier motor, lighter too.

The 400EX is almost the same $ as a Warrior, and is a much, much better performing machine. However, the seat's not quite as Lazy-Boy ish, and it doesn't have reverse. Should you be planning on taking sis's quad out for the occasional spin, you'll find this one to be the most entertaining. Picture the quad version of a slightly detuned XR400 and that's what you have here.

Kawasaki's Mojave 250 is the only 250cc manual clutch machine out there. It's also liquid cooled and 4 valve. The Honda 300/400's are air cooled, and the Warrior is air cooled/2 valve. The older models are kick start, and the Mojave never really caught on in popularity.

The Honda's erognomics are far better than the others.

Suzuki and Honda's 250 auto clutch bikes are great starter machines, don't discount them especially since your sister "sucks at riding". The Honda pulls better wheelies, while the Suzuki is a smidge quicker and sportier.

Is your sister looking to ride a lot or is she just getting started and wants to see if she really likes it? If she wants to ride a lot, I would get her a 400ex or something in the Yamaha warrior/raptor 350 range. If she's looking to just see if she likes it, go for a 250x or Mojave. My wife has a 250x and digs it, plus it's got reverse which is a big deal for someone who has to get off and pull their butt out of getting stuck. She used to have a Blaster for sand and hated pulling it out. Plus, you can actually get some juice out of a 250x if you're willing to put in a little money. Check out companies like LRD. Buy a $1500 quad, and you could have a little screamer if you were willing to put the money into it for a raptor 350 or warrior.

But I still want to sell the damn thing and get her on a BIKE!!!! :cry:

The kawi mojave 250 is the best imo for tight trails.It has A short wheel base which makes it more manuverable.Great for quick turns.Ok power but you can't go but so fast in the trails anyway.

The last quad I owned was A warrior 350.I liked it .plenty of power,and comfortable to ride but kinda on the heavy side.