Sign in to follow this  

Klx300 Jetting Help Please

I have a Big Gun full system and an Uni Filter. I would have bought the jet kit too, but it was ungodly expensive. I thought askin would be easier. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, I dont know the elevation sorry. I did the free mods from KLXplanet like remove the airbox lid, case vent hose, etc... Im running the stock CVK carb, too. Also, if you dont know the specific jets, just general sizes for this set up, once i put em in how will i know when its jetted right, or how to test it? thanks

2000 KLX300 Mods:

KLXplanet Free Mods

Big Gun System (header and muffler) w/o quiet insert

Uni Filter

Stock CVK Carb

JAMES DEAN :cry:

I know it's going to hurt your wallet, but spend around $60. for the DynoJet carb kit. The results are worth it!

Ride on

Brewster

I don't have a kit for the stock carb. Try running the clip position lower to lift the needle and richen the jetting. The Uni filter will probably allow at least 2 steps bigger main jet, but you should try a few different sizes to compare.

I hope this helps.

James

does it tell u what to do, im fine for the install, but the actual selection of the right jets is not my beat area

Yes.

And if you have other questions about the jetting for the KLX300, try posting them in the KLX forum.

Ride on

Brewster