Sign in to follow this  

Is dirtrider really this overobessive?

Can someone please turn to page 155 in the March 05 issue of dirtrider and tell my why they changed 9 tires in 8 oil changes?

My first guess is that they didn't change the oil during the 24-hour test but, as they noted, they put on 3 rear tires in that time span.

They may have also installed one or more of the sets just to do some riding for a day or less on different soil.

Those are my guesses.

:cry:

My first guess is that they didn't change the oil during the 24-hour test but, as they noted, they put on 3 rear tires in that time span.

They may have also installed one or more of the sets just to do some riding for a day or less on different soil.

Those are my guesses.

:cry:

I remember the article on the 24-hour race and them stating that they did not change the oil for the duration. They said that it got kinda hard to shift towards the end and that the oil change, when they finally did do one, fixed the hard shifting.

If you could, wouldn't you change your tires evry ride :cry:

No, :cry: . Because it would be work for no reason. But I understand your point. They should go less excessive with that and give out random tires to subscribers instead. :cry: